Gate to gate IFE starts today for long hauls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gate to gate IFE starts today for long hauls

Gives us perhaps one hour or so extra IFE time. Good for airports requiring long taxi to/from the gate.

It's the short-hauls that need this the most

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      One step at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Gives us perhaps one hour or so extra IFE time. Good for airports requiring long taxi to/from the gate.
        By long taxi, do you mean JFK? I once waited in line for take off at JFK for 1+ hour

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          By long taxi, do you mean JFK? I once waited in line for take off at JFK for 1+ hour
          I was once on a BA 744 in JFK, London bound.

We had to refuel while in queuing to take off!

Pulled out of queue, refueled ( we were asked to keep our seat belts unbuckled during refueling ), then got back in line!

Once during long wait to take off at SIN, IFE was turned on till it was time to take off. Good initiative on the part of the crew. Managed to watch two episodes of Big Bang Theory!

On my recent trip to London, IFE was turned off an hour before landing in LHR, which prompted an online complaint!

Comment

about time as well - though late. Asiana has the screen locked to the maps, ANA displays takeoff/landing with outside camera. SQ? They were displaying useless information (Singapore Airlines logo or "Welcome aboard" or "thank you for flying with us". I don't mind if they turn off the IFE during takeoff and landing, but follow Asiana/ANA lead (be informative, SQ!)

Comment

I hope this means they'll stop snatching the headphones from me 30 minutes before landing...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I hope this means they'll stop snatching the headphones from me 30 minutes before landing...
                I bring my own. Use it until they tell me to take them off.

I fly the 380s and 77W most and found that the systems are available till about 10mins or so before landing. But on the latest 77WN I find that the IFE unavailable longer during takeoff and landing, though I can't precisely say how long as I didn't timed it.

Comment

Wonder what constitutes long-haul? I am on SIN-PEK on SQ tomorrow...would be nice to be able to use the IFE from gate to gate...

Comment

Wow. About Time!

Comment

No wonder.I was on SQ298 yesterday and cabin crew started to collect headsets and said that krisworld would be turned off. moments later, the crew said krisworld would not be switched off before landing and the steward who just collected the headsets seemed confused.

Comment

A reliable source advises that gate-to-gate IFE is not provided based on long hauls - it's provided on all flights with headsets except multi-sectors (e.g. SIN-NRT-LAX), for the time being.

That is all.

*back to your regularly scheduled programming*

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I had gate-to-gate IFE on SQ866 last Monday. So I can start watchingt he movie while "delay" on the ground for 50 min.
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            bring your own headseat. or use your nomeal headset and buy the 2-plug airlines connector.
                            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              bring your own headseat. or use your nomeal headset and buy the 2-plug airlines connector.
                              I've been asked to plug out my personal earphones after they've collected the headsets, even though Krisworld had not been switched off yet. I concluded that it must be some extra safety precaution, ensuring that everyone has situational awareness and is not distracted.

Comment

Working...
                              X