Gate to gate IFE starts today for long hauls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
    I've been asked to plug out my personal earphones after they've collected the headsets, even though Krisworld had not been switched off yet. I concluded that it must be some extra safety precaution, ensuring that everyone has situational awareness and is not distracted.
    Doesn't sound like the case recently.

I've been asked on multiple occassions to remove my Bose QC3 on-ear headphones prior to landing, but since switching a month ago to Bose QC20i's, nobody's said a word

(that was for AC x2 flights - one was an 'Express', UA x1 flight, VX x 1 flight, SQ x2, CX x6, TG x1)

Comment

I wish they'd enable the tail camera on the IFE!

Comment

Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
        I wish they'd enable the tail camera on the IFE!
        Is the camera already installed and ready to be used? Any reason why Singapore Airlines doesn't turn on the live cam for its flights?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Doesn't sound like the case recently.

I've been asked on multiple occassions to remove my Bose QC3 on-ear headphones prior to landing, but since switching a month ago to Bose QC20i's, nobody's said a word

(that was for AC x2 flights - one was an 'Express', UA x1 flight, VX x 1 flight, SQ x2, CX x6, TG x1)
          Experienced this last night on SYD-SIN, very pleasant indeed to have Krisworld running all throughout the flight

Especially when no camera in the tail on the 388 still wondering why all other 388 operators have it but not SQ
          That may be the reason why SQ does the gate-2-gate thing by the way, to make it up for the lack of camera ?

Comment

Took my first flight since gate to landing ( note: not gate to gate ) IFE instituted.

Made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the flight.

For a start, we were almost one hour late in departure as a passenger didn't board so his bags had to be off loaded.

Then the usual circling before landing at LHR which is usually experienced without IFE but this time, I didn't even feel the circling

Strange to have it switched off immediately on landing.

Comment

Since 2007 and up until few months ago I was able to (way before gate-to-gate) activate the system before takeoff and also after the system was turned off. When boarding they used to show a black screen with the KrisWorld logo. By pressing the MODE button a couple of times and then switching the screen off and on again and then pressing HOME, I was able to turn on the system and use it in full. I could do this after they turned it off for landing as well.
              But a while ago they changed the welcome screen so that it says 'WELCOME ABOARD', and this is completely locked. I've tried heaps of ways but couldn't get in. Although, I'm pretty sure I could get in when it was turned off for landing.
              Gate-To-Gate will be good now
              Fly well,
              Travel safe,
              And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

That would've been nice to know ages ago

Comment

Gate to gate -- please! Would help pass the time during the constant delays due to congestion in CGK, both on arrivals and departures. Recently, it's reached new heights: on the verge of push back at CGK, the pilot informs us we are number 16 for push back! We are not talking being in line for take off, but push back! Number 16! Sure enough we sat at the gate for another hour and crew distributed water and peanuts. They turned on the IFE, but when we finally pushed, they turned it off again.
                  Last edited by Short Final; 24 January 2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                    Gate to gate -- please! Would help pass the time during the constant delays due to congestion in CGK, both on arrivals and departures. Recently, it's reached new heights: on the verge of push back at CGK, the pilot informs us we are number 16 for push back! We are not talking being in line for take off, but push back! Number 16! Sure enough we sat at the gate for another hour and crew distributed water and peanuts. They turned on the IFE, but when we finally pushed, they turned it off again.
                    that's what happened when "everyone flies"... cheap tickets etc. And the use of small planes. It took me 1 hour onboard an SQ961 77W (thank god it was not 773 or 772) before they took off, and they turned on the IFE until landing in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                      I've been asked to plug out my personal earphones after they've collected the headsets, even though Krisworld had not been switched off yet. I concluded that it must be some extra safety precaution, ensuring that everyone has situational awareness and is not distracted.
                      Haha, situational awareness is no longer required for takeoff and landing in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by kevino View Post
                        Haha, situational awareness is no longer required for takeoff and landing in the US.
                        Indeed. I've been on flights where they didn't need me to push up the blinds unlike SQ which makes a really big deal about having it up all the way - setting sun blazing in or not.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                          Indeed. I've been on flights where they didn't need me to push up the blinds unlike SQ which makes a really big deal about having it up all the way - setting sun blazing in or not.
                          I actually like being able to look out of the window when the aircraft is on the ground, or taking off/landing. Not so much for situational awareness, but for the view of airports, other aircraft, cities from the air.

Speaking of gate-to-gate IFE, I've had it on UA before - channel 9!

Comment

Working...
                          X