Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest Neverfull I won't bet against...

Comment

OT

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      And here I was thinking you were an LV loyalist. You handbag tart.
      Just got myself an Artsy MM and an Insolite Fleuri Wallet. And that's the last LV i'm buying. Too many fakes floating around. This recent soiree to Paris also had me getting a Gaufre Nylon and a Portafoglio Saffiano Oro organizer-wallet . A good introduction to the house of miss Miuccia's grandfather's shop.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Fastest Neverfull I won't bet against...
      It was so fast my GM escaped on that snatch thief's motorbike. Now my MM is lonely without her sister.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

Did she manage to get any compensation at all?
        Compensation? Haha..

She was just happy that she did not have to pay for her own physiotherapy sessions..
        Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          As long as the handbag isn't too heavy to be lifted overhead, 'ight?

This thread was getting heated...
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

This thread was getting heated...
            Yeah, it was, wasn't it? Trust the mods to cool things down..
            Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

I won't add anything to the overall debate, best left as it is methinks...

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              SQ is a shitty employer. Period.
              If you ask the vast majority of employees anywhere they'll probably tell you their employer is shitty. That's just the way it is. Most of those I know who currently work for SQ and those who used too seem reasonably content with how it is/was. Except for when they get rostered on the A380 flights to HKG and SYD of course.....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Most of those I know who currently work for SQ and those who used too seem reasonably content with how it is/was.
                Actually I think you and jjpb3 are most likely right.

I believe most Singaporeans and South-East Asians in general have excellent work ethics and would be more or less contented and accept the work conditions they find themselves in.

It must be just me and my association with the militants from the UK trade unions.

I am all for employees' rights but there is another group of people in the UK who are at the opposite end of the spectrum to the Singapore employee. They know how to maximize the full benefits of the Health and Safety Law. For example, one could refuse to perform a task, citing that she would injure herself due to repetitive strain. "My doctor says I can work for a maximum of 2 hours a day only!" I have also had to deal with staff absentees (long - 3-6-9 months paid 'holidays' due to their 'back problems' - which I find extremely frustrating).

So to come on here and read about Astroboy's wife's experience and her attitude (doesn't blame the employer, no paid sick leave, happy with what she got) seems like she was rather severely 'shortchanged' by her employer.

I don't work in human resources. I don't know the employees' or employers' laws in Singapore. I do not know the Health and Safety requirements for work in Singapore or SQ. But I do find it rather shocking that staff are performing a task in an area where they're not trained, injuring themselves, not getting paid when injured and making do with the meager support from the company.

Whether it's due to a non-existence of Health and Safety requirements in SQ (somehow I doubt that!), or the company taking advantage of the good- naturedness or ignorance of its employees, I just think that the situation is not right.

Oh dear, I do sound so militant! Don't think I could be the next CEO of SQ.
                Last edited by phaleesy; 21 September 2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Just got myself an Artsy MM and an Insolite Fleuri Wallet. And that's the last LV i'm buying. Too many fakes floating around. This recent soiree to Paris also had me getting a Gaufre Nylon and a Portafoglio Saffiano Oro organizer-wallet . A good introduction to the house of miss Miuccia's grandfather's shop.
                  You were right when you previously posted that your "england" may be too powerful. I don't think i can pronounce 1/3 of your sentence. I guess that means your taste must be very rich.

Comment

I have deleted the last post on here due to the unsavoury and unecessary comments it contained. If someone is not careful they are going to lose the ability to take part in discussions like these in future...

As this thread seems to be veering to far from the original subject we'll lock it pending a decision to continue.

Comment

Working...
                    X