X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coathanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I'm hardly worried - I've logged in almost 2 days also at TPR (photographed / documented)
    Thanks for the inspiration Kyo. I had originally thought it might be crazy to spend that long in any lounge but seeing your posts this thread made me reconsider.

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Day 3

Breakfast (fruit plate, waffles)

And just for completeness some additional items consumed

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Day 2

Breakfast (waffles, pork rib prawn noodle soup)

Lunch (lobster)

Dinner (sweet corn and pork rib soup, hokkien noodles, fruit plate)

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I require photographic evidence by way of the daily menu, and if possible, pictures of all items consumed, thanks
    With Compliments

Day 1

Lunch (satay, lobster)

Dinner (baked cod, chicken rice)

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
    I think Kyo+ is busy picking his jaw off the floor....and probably planning to top this near-two day marathon.
    I require photographic evidence by way of the daily menu, and if possible, pictures of all items consumed, thanks

I'm hardly worried - I've logged in almost 2 days also at TPR (photographed / documented)

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    45 hours?!? That is equivalent to a marathon. Did your flight get cancelled? And you decided to near the airport on standby?
    Nope this was fully intentional. I had a two-day gap between arriving from BKK and departing for CGK so decided to make the most of that red boarding pass.

I would have gone for a later flight to hit the full 48 hours but wanted to experience the new First on the retrofitted 777-300 so went with SQ956.

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
    How do you kill 45 hours in there?
    I just planted myself in front of the TV and watched EPL highlights and replays for most of the day while surfing the net.

I also went for the occasional walk around the terminals and visited the Butterfly Garden to stretch the legs.

The refreshed T2 SKL opened when I was there so I went to have a look as well.

Time flies when you're having fun.

Leave a comment:

• globetrekker84
    replied
    I think Kyo+ is busy picking his jaw off the floor....and probably planning to top this near-two day marathon.

Leave a comment:

• CarbonMan
    replied
    45 hours?!? That is equivalent to a marathon. Did your flight get cancelled? And you decided to near the airport on standby?

Leave a comment:

• viraj735
    replied
    Originally posted by Coathanger View Post
    I camped out at the far end of TPR next to the new telephone booths/kids room in December and the waiters were checking up on me every half hour or so.

Admittedly I was there for 45 hours (overnighting twice at the T3 transit hotel) and managed to try out quite a bit of the menu:
    How do you kill 45 hours in there?

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Hmmm...this is very surprising to hear. I've sat out in Siberia and ALWAYS had people checking on me constantly.
    I camped out at the far end of TPR next to the new telephone booths/kids room in December and the waiters were checking up on me every half hour or so.

Admittedly I was there for 45 hours (overnighting twice at the T3 transit hotel) and managed to try out quite a bit of the menu:

Day 1 - Lunch (satay, lobster), Dinner (baked cod, chicken rice)
    Day 2 - Breakfast (waffles, pork rib prawn noodle soup), Lunch (lobster), Dinner (sweet corn and pork rib soup, hokkien noodles, fruit plate)
    Day 3 - Breakfast (fruit plate, waffles)

It was a great experience but once is probably enough! Thanks goes out to Alain De Botton for the inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by Underachiever View Post
    Whilst I'm able to comment on the The Private Room, I would say the service isn't great.

I was sat at the far end and had to repeatedly seek out people to get me something to drink (nothing more dramatic than mineral water). Not really what I expected.
    Hmmm...this is very surprising to hear. I've sat out in Siberia and ALWAYS had people checking on me constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Underachiever
    replied
    Service?

Whilst I'm able to comment on the The Private Room, I would say the service isn't great.

I was sat at the far end and had to repeatedly seek out people to get me something to drink (nothing more dramatic than mineral water). Not really what I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Underachiever
    replied
    Feeble Wine List

Well I'm currently in 'The Private Room' and although there is the very tasty Veuve-Cliquot La Grande Dame, there isn't any kind of red wine selection (I didn't look at the whites). There were two choices -- a chianti (I think) and an Australian Shiraz.

I had the Shiraz which was fine (a Tatachilla).

To be honest I think a Grand Cru Bordeaux might have been a bit too much to accompany the superb hamburger (one of the best I've ever eaten).

Leave a comment:

• stargold
    replied
    Originally posted by SIA5390 View Post
    Interesting... So the guy serving me in the TPR had no idea what he was talking about...
    Well, jetlounge did say that Jewels were a SATS subsidiary... so the guy wasn't completely wrong, I guess? Especially if Jewels supply the chocolate through SATS in a non-retail packaging.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X