Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miles&More first FFP with access to 77W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles&More first FFP with access to 77W?

Talked to LX in Zurich the other day and the call center agent told me that they have been advised in January already (!) that flights on 77W (J and F) and A380 (J) will become available for redemptions. With LX axing the ZRH-SIN flight that would be great for the two fligths SQ is operating. On August 7, there is indeed one saver award for J from ZRH.

Anyone any additional info?

Thanks for the heads-up.

I was tossing up burning KF miles on the 50% promo for end-May into ZRH in Y... now maybe not!

And it ain't just LX that can redeem, I don't think...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I just heard from a colleague that he supposedly managed to get a seat EWR-SIN-EWR on the non-stop A345 using M&M miles. Not sure on the timeframe and I haven't seen the issued ticket myself but I read some similar posting on the other board.

even if true though it still seems to be sporadic opening of award inventory at the moment on selcted routes that SQ would like to fill. why don't they just get over with it and open all flights up for redemption by *A partners (UAs StarNet blocking would take care of an onslaught of UA MP redemptions ) and then regulate the seats they provide. I mean you can say that you allow redemption but don't need to publish any award inventory if you don't want to during certain periods for certain routes.

Oh well

Comment

There was some discussion on FT about this in the LH forum.
          Not many details given as it looks like they want to keep it under the radar.
          I know some people managed to get the A380 and 77W in C , but had not heard anything about the A345.
          I do remember however that when the new cabins came out, LH had written on their M&M website that redemptions on in F or C on SQ 77W, A380 and later A345 were not allowed.
          Not the site just says "Redemptions on Singapore Airlines Suites are not allowed"
          Last edited by rolov; 12 May 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
            but had not heard anything about the A345.
            I do remember however that when the new cabins came out, LH had written on their M&M website that redemptions on in F or C on SQ 77W, A380 and later A345 were not allowed.
            It only mentions R now: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Myself and a few friends have been looking for A345 J redemptions, especially during times of reported "glitches", but alas, none appear (as a Star Alliance reward).

Comment

have any M&M flyers successfully redeemed awards on the new J and F?

This would really be interesting as an upgrade using M&M from Y to J would now cost 50,000 miles and using KF would cost 90,000.

Given that M&M miles are so much easier to earn, SQ had better wake up before all of their members start avoiding KF like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                It only mentions R now: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Myself and a few friends have been looking for A345 J redemptions, especially during times of reported "glitches", but alas, none appear (as a Star Alliance reward).
                Hopefully you will get one.

Comment

The Lufthansa M&M scenario seems quite unusual in that M&M members seem to be able to grab seats on SQ blocked F and C seats which do not show up on the ANA Tool, unless I am mistaken.

I thought that all Star carriers had the same Starnet access (except for UA, of course ) to other airlines' reward seats, but if M&M members are getting SQ blocked seats that do not show up on the ANA tool, does it potentially mean that SQ has only opened up the blocked seats to LH, not the other Star airlines?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    The Lufthansa M&M scenario seems quite unusual in that M&M members seem to be able to grab seats on SQ blocked F and C seats which do not show up on the ANA Tool, unless I am mistaken.

I thought that all Star carriers had the same Starnet access (except for UA, of course ) to other airlines' reward seats, but if M&M members are getting SQ blocked seats that do not show up on the ANA tool, does it potentially mean that SQ has only opened up the blocked seats to LH, not the other Star airlines?
                    Also means that LH M&M members are getting those seats at the *A rate, while SQ's own FF members have to used double miles.

Comment

Working...
                    X