Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to enjoy EG benefits before receiving the card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to enjoy EG benefits before receiving the card?

Hi All,

wondering if anyone can help with the following.

Just received KF Gold in the last couple of weeks, haven't received the new card yet but am due to catch a couple of Air NZ flights on friday. will i be able to get priority boarding, lounge access etc... was told by somone that this wouldn't happen until i have the new card. if the case very frustrating as i have another month of travelling before i get home to collect the new card.

as always, any assistance greatly appreciated.

You can try calling KF and have them send you the card asap....

Your status is normally in the system, once you check in, as long as the booking is made with your KF number, status will be printed on the bP. With that, you will be allowed lounge access, in normal circumstances, especially here in Chinagi airport.

Check in staff at counters on seeing your status will know how to tag your luggage....

Hope this help.
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

i tried ringing the robots, as usual very little help. the flight is booked with the KF number so fingers crossed. hoping NZ might be a little more flexible than sq

Comment

Originally posted by curiousm View Post
        i tried ringing the robots, as usual very little help. the flight is booked with the KF number so fingers crossed. hoping NZ might be a little more flexible than sq
        I always get good response when I make a telephone, how is it that it is so different with you!??
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

not sure maybe its my charm and wit! the response i was given was that until i receive the card, i would most likely be refused lounge entry if travelling on Y!

Comment

you won't be refused on SQ in my experience, im never asked for the card with them. As for ANZ, possibly, but you should definitely get the priority baggage. Printout your account status page from the web showing your Krisflyer Gold status and expiry date. This may assist
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
              you won't be refused on SQ in my experience, im never asked for the card with them. As for ANZ, possibly, but you should definitely get the priority baggage. Printout your account status page from the web showing your Krisflyer Gold status and expiry date. This may assist
              I clocked over Gold when I was overseas... naturally with no card. I brought up my KF account on the laptop and showed them that. Got me in the lounge.

Comment

Ask KF to email you a note certifying your new status, and bring a printout of that with you. (A fax request usually works with BAEC, but I'm not sure if KF's call centre can accommodate such a request.) As has been suggested, a printout of your account page would be handy as well.

I'm not sure if NZ requires the FF number to be re-entered if your status is achieved after the booking was ticketed. Paging Mr Kiwi to the customer service desk.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Ask KF to email you a note certifying your new status, and bring a printout of that with you. (A fax request usually works with BAEC, but I'm not sure if KF's call centre can accommodate such a request.) As has been suggested, a printout of your account page would be handy as well.

I'm not sure if NZ requires the FF number to be re-entered if your status is achieved after the booking was ticketed. Paging Mr Kiwi to the customer service desk.
                  My card didnt arrive last year in time: i asked for an email confirming my status which arrived within the hour. Used it to gain access to T3*G lounge. Lounge attendant said "oh no new card yet then..." they must be used to it.

When I returned from my trip card was at home.

Cheers
                  Clowesy

Comment

I gained access to a lounge in JFK without a gold card too... Same case for LH lounge in FRA - no hassle at all. Your account statement should suffice.

Comment

guys, thanks for all of your helpful reposnses... will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                        Same case for LH lounge in FRA - no hassle at all.
                        I'm surprised with this. I'm always requested to show my *G card when entering SEN lounges.

Comment

similarly i was overseas when i hit EG. SQ sent me a status/qualifying letter in pdf which i printed out, presented to the dragons at sfo/nrt and got access without any problems.

Comment

well it all worked out in the end with no hassle. sitting in the Air NZ lounge in AKL, no hassles in getting access here or in Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                              I'm surprised with this. I'm always requested to show my *G card when entering SEN lounges.
                              yeah I found that surprising too - I wasnt pinning my hopes on it too much. In fact, I was a passenger on SQ25 on a transit stop in FRA. They didn't even take my KF number down!

Comment

Working...
                              X