Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J saver awards on 388 and 77W

Hi all

I have been browsing on the SQ site for J saver awards and there appears to be some availability of J saver awards on certain SYD-SIN 388 and 77W flights. E.g. 1st May

This availability is also shown on ANA's award tool.

For SIN-SYD, I can also see some J savers for SQ231 on 77W in July. E.g. 13th July.

Interesting....

I wonder if this is a mistake/loop-hole, or a whole new beginning
    Last edited by pc2008; 13 January 2009, 08:53 PM.

quick check shows that this seems applicable only on flights to Australia e.g. SIN-MEL on 13/2/09 in both F & J on 77W.

Nothing on flights to europe that i could see!!

J

Comment

77W also available for Europe flight. Just check for October 2009 from ZRH to SIN and it does available. So it will be there as long as no one grab it. Good Luck.

Comment

Hmmm... does this mean that SQ has a change of heart about not issuing any J saver rewards on these planes? If so, it is defintely good news.

Comment

I have written to SQ's CEO complimenting him for his decision to open up saver awards and encouraging him to continue this new policy. SQ's answer came yesterday: There is no change in policy. There was a system glitch that allowed redemptions on 77W/338 aircraft for a short period of time.

SQ also stated that they might review my suggestion to at least allow PPS members access to saver awards on 77W/388 aircraft in the future. Keep your fingers crossed...

Looks like the 333 J awards are available as saver awards...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            I have written to SQ's CEO complimenting him
            Wouldn't a letter to Customer Relations have been more appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              SQ also stated that they might review my suggestion to at least allow PPS members access to saver awards on 77W/388 aircraft in the future. Keep your fingers crossed...

If this were to be true, then I am certainly lost for words.

Comment

Originally posted by kras View Post
                If this were to be true, then I am certainly lost for words.
                All suggestions to SQ are reviewed, of course. They have a whole library in Bangalore to house all those suggestions. They are filed alphabetically.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  All suggestions to SQ are reviewed, of course. They have a whole library in Bangalore to house all those suggestions. They are filed alphabetically.
                  Then in order to make sure your suggestion gets read first, you could title it :

"Allow Airbus A380 and ancilliary awards at an appropriate airmiles amount always"

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                    Wouldn't a letter to Customer Relations have been more appropriate?
                    It is a senior managment decision not to open up certain flight for Saver Awards and it will be their decision to change that policy.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

"Allow Airbus A380 and ancilliary awards at an appropriate airmiles amount always"
                      Hahaha nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Then in order to make sure your suggestion gets read first, you could title it :

VERY IMPRESSIVE SQFG!

Comment

Working...
                        X