Suspicious experience re. KF saver availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious experience re. KF saver availability

This is related to the other thread which documents availability on *A buckets (NH tool), but no KF Saver availability on SQ.com.

Earlier today, I went to redeem two seats to DPS with KF. Logging in with my account, the website showed Economy Saver availability for two seats on ALL FOUR SIN-DPS and DPS-SIN flights on our chosen dates.

As my partner and I intended to use our own respective KF accounts to redeem, I reset my request for one seat and completed my booking using my account. We then logged out and re-logged 30 seconds later using with my partner's account and selected the same redemption flight requests.

LO AND BEHOLD... system shows ZERO Economy Saver availability for ALL FOUR SIN-DPS flights, only Standard and Full...!

Not believing this to be accurate, we logged out and re-logged in, re-submitted the flight search, and LO AND BEHOLD, Economy Saver miraculously re-appeared and we were able to complete the second booking...

My Points/Questions/Concerns:

1. What the bloody hell is going on here???

2. I eventually got what I wanted because I knew to re-login and try again. How many people would have done that? How many people would simply have stumped up for the Standard award???

3. Is this 'merely' a system glitch, or is SQ now so bloody dodgy and hard-up to screw customers that can we no longer fundamentally trust them when making our purchase decisions???

My guess is the system reserves the seats in order for you to complete the transaction. It may reserve them for 10 mins or so... after that it will release the seats again.

As to how searches in other tools (eg ANA etc) impacts on this I would have no idea!
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      My guess is the system reserves the seats in order for you to complete the transaction. It may reserve them for 10 mins or so... after that it will release the seats again.
      I doubt that a mere availability search would block seats in the system.

At no point did we "reserve" 2 seats. We only searched availability.

Also why would ALL FOUR flights that day suddenly lose Saver availability?

Comment

If this is a system glitch (and I'd hope it's nothing more than that) I think we can expect the SQ Lurkers to fix this little "feature" as quickly as they've moved with the 'My Bookings' functions, after chancing upon this thread...
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Similar experience here, but different case...
          Tried to make redemption booking SUB-SIN-HKG-SIN-SUB online...
          Two problems appeared:
          Firstly, SQ.com only offer stop over for outbound sector, blank for inbound sector, so no choice for that.
          Secondly, for outbound sector, it was fine, showed MI and SQ flights, saver, standard or full, available, waitlisted or not offered were shown.
          But for inbound flight, Sorry, there are no seats available on the date you requested, not a single flight were shown.
          Tried any other date, same result.
          Tried to log-on another day for another date, same result again
          But when I tried to check sector by sector, they showed availability on almost every flight HKG-SIN on SQ and SIN-SUB on MI.
          Another system glitch?
          Hope SQ lurker read this as they read the seat selection things....

Comment

On-line redemption

SQ tries to get KF members to redeem their miles online with the 15% discount carrot but the booking system is nowhere near perfect. My experience is that if at first you see no seats available, try again later in the day and the situation may well be different.

My biggest bugbear is that waitlisting for an upgrade award is not available online. One has to go through the CS hotline and forego the discount.

Comment

Working...
            X