Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes and Surchages

Hi,

I am trying to make a redemption from KF for SIN-PER-SIN during Dec or Jan, I wonder if I need to pay any taxes or surcharges although it is stated:

taxes and fess: 0.00

Thanks.
    Last edited by slacker; 25 September 2008, 12:48 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to make a redemption from KF for SIN-PER-SIN during Dec or Jan, I wonder if I need to pay any taxes or surcharges although it is stated:

taxes and fess: 0.00

Thanks.
    As far as I know, I always have to pay for taxes and surcharges for every redemption I made.

Comment

Is one of the flights waitlisted? The taxes will only be calculated if all segments are confirmed.
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
        Is one of the flights waitlisted? The taxes will only be calculated if all segments are confirmed.
        Ya, it is only waitlisted.

So, how do I find out the tax tat i'm liable to pay? Is it the same amount as what I would have paid if I buy the tix in cash?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
          Ya, it is only waitlisted.

So, how do I find out the tax tat i'm liable to pay? Is it the same amount as what I would have paid if I buy the tix in cash?
          Try doing a booking instead, when it comes to the part to enter pax details, the cost and taxes will be displayed on the left side of the screen.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
            And then the crazy calculation will show you something like $2000 in taxes

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
              And then the crazy calculation will show you something like $2000 in taxes
              And then it makes you wonder if the redemption is worth it at all, or not!

Comment

I still don't know what the tax situation is , Im trying to book a reward ticket and the web site is still giving some numbers that do not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
                  I still don't know what the tax situation is , Im trying to book a reward ticket and the web site is still giving some numbers that do not make sense.
                  As suggested by Kapitan, try to do a dummy booking, and you will be able to see what is the tax / surcharges that you would need to pay.

Comment

Working...
                  X