Krisflyer Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer Upgrade

Hey Guys/Girls I've one Question..... Did any one know how to upgrade From Economy class to Business using KF Point/miles???

Thank you

1. Ensure your economy class booking comes for S, Y, B or M class. Outside this, it is ineligible.

2. If you've booked it online, you can upgrade online also, saving you 15% off the regular miles.

3. If you booked it through a travel agent, you can't do the upgrade online, in which case you must call Krisflyer. They will check for I class (or D if you're willing to pay non saver upgrade rates to get into business class on the 77W or A380). If there's availability, they can proceed.

4. You'll then be issued the upgrade, and off you go. There should be no additional taxes or fees unless you are departing LHR, in which case your APD will double from 40 to 80 pounds.

Comment

Just a teeny weeny add-on of SQflyergirl's excellent advise:

After you've issued your ticket from the TA, you could upgrade online, space available of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Just a teeny weeny add-on of SQflyergirl's excellent advise:

After you've issued your ticket from the TA, you could upgrade online, space available of course.
        Agreed.... done this before... but no 15% discount

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          1. Ensure your economy class booking comes for S, Y, B or M class. Outside this, it is ineligible.
          Slight correction:
          Only Economy Class tickets purchased on Singapore Airlines in S, Y, B or E booking classes are eligible for redemption of upgrades from Economy to Business.
          https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...edeemMiles.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            Slight correction:
            Only Economy Class tickets purchased on Singapore Airlines in S, Y, B or E booking classes are eligible for redemption of upgrades from Economy to Business.
            https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...edeemMiles.jsp

Ok... It's official. I'm senile :o

Comment

Wew... usually I'm just call the SQ reservation... but didn't know why the staff told me to call to SQ in Singapore office...cause they couldn't see the available seats... kinda weird right......

Comment

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
                Wew... usually I'm just call the SQ reservation... but didn't know why the staff told me to call to SQ in Singapore office...cause they couldn't see the available seats... kinda weird right......
                In your profile, you have two locations: Indonesia and the US. So which SQ reservation you called?
                What do you mean they couldn't see the available seats? The award seats availability (I booking class)?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  In your profile, you have two locations: Indonesia and the US. So which SQ reservation you called?
                  What do you mean they couldn't see the available seats? The award seats availability (I booking class)?
                  Right now I'm in Indonesia... on October I'm going to Taipei then when on the way going back to Jakarta... via Singapore I would like to upgrade from Y class to J class... but when I call the SQ agent whether from TPE-SIN sector that they have a 3 seat available to upgrade or not??.....(yap "the award seats availability")

How about if I check on http://seatcounter.com is't accurate that web site?????

Thanks
                  Last edited by Formzs; 4 September 2008, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Sorry for digging up an old thread.

Need advice regarding the possibility of using my KF miles to upgrading my KF nominee's Y ticket to J.

It'd be kinda odd for me to upgrade mine alone.

KF's FAQ does not really shed a lot of light on this.

Appreciate any assistance rendered.

Comment

Why not? If you have sufficient miles in your account, and there is J redemption inventory.
                      Have done this a few times already. Enjoy the upgrade!

Comment

You mean if my wife and I are holding paid Y passes (in the upgradeable fare bucket), I can use my KF miles to upgrade the both of us to J?

(given that she is a nominee in my KF account)

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                          You mean if my wife and I are holding paid Y passes (in the upgradeable fare bucket), I can use my KF miles to upgrade the both of us to J?

(given that she is a nominee in my KF account)
                          Yes, you can.

Comment

Thank you 9V-JKL & kaysquare!
                            Dreaming of London & Florence...

Maybe upgrade the FCO leg to J. LHR/ MXP J is expensive! (in terms of miles as well)

Comment

If we use KF miles to upgrade from an eligible Y to J, how will the frequent flyer miles be earned on the flight? As if we are travelling in Y?
                              [Apologies if this has been answered before ...]

Comment

Working...
                              X