C-Savers Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Savers Availability

I'm not sure if I'm being sensitive, but I recently observed that C SAVER seats to certain places (almost all Australian cities) is very very difficult to find. I used to be able to book them them way in advanced, like the 330 day limit ahead as I do plan my holidays 1 year ahead.

But these days, despite tracking daily, I can't find a single seat. Only standard are available. Anyone notice it as well?
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Yes. I think so..
    I am searching C saver awards to US cities, hardly to find a award seat in Sept and Oct 2014, except S city which has 4 C saver awards per day.

Comment

I've been waitlisted for SYD-SIN and SIN-SYD since 26 October... Hoping they'll go through by the time I need to travel on 21 December!

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
        Anyone notice it as well?
        I've noticed it too. Booking nearly 330 days in advance always used to be my strategy for getting the flights/dates I wanted. Now it seems that, for many routes, there is nothing available more than 6 months out (except for 1-2 random days - which really look like somebody had the seats, then cancelled, returning those seats to inventory).

And yes, I have done a lot of searching.

I suppose it could be a deliberate move. Maybe program changes are coming in the next 6 months? Maybe the seats are being held back so that PPS members can have first dibs?

On the other hand, many of these flights are wide open to a certain *A partner program - which leads me to believe that it's either pure incompetence on SQ's part, or it's a cynical maneuver to try and con loyal KF members into forking out for standard awards.

Case in point. I had to call KF recently to make a booking for next September (it involves mixed classes). The agent didn't even offer me the option to waitlist - he just told me that he was very sorry but no savers were available and I would have to pay double the miles for a standard award. It was only after I insisted on waitlisting - and he then had to confirm this with his supervisor - that I managed to waitlist for a saver award. Just imagine what would happen if somebody less savvy has to call them up. Poor form, SQ.

Comment

Occurs to me not a specific *A partner, but rather all *A partner. This is bloody ridiculous.. ARGH
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
            On the other hand, many of these flights are wide open to a certain *A partner program
            Which certain program? LH?

Need a new *A program to start banking miles, because the pile of excrement that is UA post-merger has finally pushed me over the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
              Which certain program?
              Mentioning no names, but here is a clue:

To illustrate the point, here's the same search on singaporeair.com:

Way to treat your loyal customers, SQ

Comment

It works, when they bother to credit correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
                  On the other hand, many of these flights are wide open to a certain *A partner program - which leads me to believe that it's either pure incompetence on SQ's part, or it's a cynical maneuver to try and con loyal KF members into forking out for standard awards.
                  That's an incredibly irritating double standard.

Comment

Some things do not need more publicity, people!

Comment

Working...
                    X