SQ bac to old ways almost no seats from west coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ bac to old ways almost no seats from west coast

Last year was fantastic it was very easy to redeem miles especially from the USA where I am based to Singapore or HKG, in business or first class.
    It seems they have revised the system back to the old way of almost no seats avail and if you want a seat you have to redeem full award which is crazy.
    You can look at almost any day or any month and 99 percent of all flights are wait listed in saver or not avail at all in standard or wait listed and some are avail in full.I just came back and could not get an award as was wait listed and ended up buying a ticket because i had to return and could wait until last day to find out sorry no seat in business, the flight back was at best 1/2 full in business so they had plenty seats to give out,being a Solitare for over 23 years I find this unacceptable policy and if they are going to continue this policy it is time to start looking again for alternatives. I can say as I am also a gold member on Emirates, if I want to redeem a ticket maybe I have to be flexible by a day or even 3 days but can get a seat, not like SQ system of everything is wait listed or basically not avail.

I usually redeem for F. And there has been a marked increase in availability since last year. Well, ok, I redeemed 11-12 months in advance. But I usually change dates closer to the date and my wait listing has always cleared after some follow up calls and appeals. From WC, SFO's SQ15 is easy to get in F. I got SQ 1 350 days out recently too but it will go to waitlist at 348 days out.

I am overall satisfied with the recent changes.

Comment

Best thing to do when a record is stuck is give the thing a good kick and it usually jumps up and carries on until there is nothing left to hear...

Comment

I just managed to redeem 2 business class savers on SQ38 outbound (SIN-LAX) and SQ11 on the way back. First time on the ULH flight and also on SQ A380 so very excited!

Comment

Working...
        X