Miracles do happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, why not. I agree.
    Just that I wouldn't be insulted etc. without it.
    I appreciate operational upgrades even without the lounge access.

Airlines that mark upgraded pax on the BP includes CX, UA, and LH in my experience. It may depend on the station involved as well.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Yes, why not. I agree.
      Just that I wouldn't be insulted etc. without it.
      I appreciate operational upgrades even without the lounge access.

Airlines that mark upgraded pax on the BP includes CX, UA, and LH in my experience. It may depend on the station involved as well.
      Not I recalled on CX and LH. I have quite some numbers of upgrade on CX. It used to be on BKK-SIN. They do not mark it, as lounge access need invitation.

So you can be flying in any class, but without lounge invitation card, you cannot access the lounge.

Like StarG said, of course it would be nice if you can access the lounge if you have been upgraded, but without it you cannot complain also.

You have already got more than what you paid for. If not happy, you can always turn it down and like many said, sure there will be 100s other pax who will be more than willing to accept it.
      visit my blog

Comment

surely most upgraded people have lounge access of some sort anyway as they are normally status pax
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Just how many times has this instance happened to you?
          You have already got more than what you paid for. If not happy, you can always turn it down and like many said, sure there will be 100s other pax who will be more than willing to accept it.
          Al, it hasn't. and I know how akward it is that I've had this hypothetical discussion with StarG across a few posts. For the record, I fly mainly for work in Y largely on regional routes and when I take SQ I don't put my miles to Krisflyer so the likelihood of this happening to me is perhaps even a perfect 0 and it doesn't bother me.. After an initial fascination with flying some years back, I now couldn't care less what airline yet alone what seat I'm on.

My point was that I don't see why they can't just tell you the policy is that you cant use the F lounge (and tell the staff at the lounge as well), rather than an INVOLUNTARY UPGRADE label which I read as FREELOADER marked on my BP. I see it as really bad from a customer service perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
            Al, it hasn't. and I know how akward it is that I've had this hypothetical discussion with StarG across a few posts. For the record, I fly mainly for work in Y largely on regional routes and when I take SQ I don't put my miles to Krisflyer so the likelihood of this happening to me is perhaps even a perfect 0 and it doesn't bother me.. After an initial fascination with flying some years back, I now couldn't care less what airline yet alone what seat I'm on.

My point was that I don't see why they can't just tell you the policy is that you cant use the F lounge (and tell the staff at the lounge as well), rather than an INVOLUNTARY UPGRADE label which I read as FREELOADER marked on my BP. I see it as really bad from a customer service perspective.
            Thus, you're merely speculating on what you would do. No different than saying, "If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't spend it like THAT. I would..."

Until you actually experience it, your opinion is moot.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Congrats on your opup coffeeblack!

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Until you actually experience it, your opinion is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post

Then you are reading too much. Well I know how you feel, coz sometimes I also like you

You may be a good customer, but there are many "bad" customer out there. so you can't really blame them.

If I remember correctly, SQ does not issue Lounge Invitation. You just need to show your BP to gain access to the Lounge.

I believe there have been few incident in the past that people are forcing their way through the lounge when they are not suppose to. And sometimes, the lounge staff can't easily tell if it is involuntary upgrade and some people may get angry when the lounge staff says I need to check or something (I am guessing). So to make thing less inconvience for the majority public (the paid customer), then they decide to put this mark on the BP.

As this is in SIN, it probably cost SQ nothing extra to give the involuntary upgrade pax to the lounge. But I understand if airlines uses others lounge, they are actually paying per pax, so it is an extra cost.
                visit my blog

Comment

Thanks for the awesome discussion all... quite interesting! For the record, I was upgraded in the SK Lounge in the Business Class Section as was Gold card member, and at LHR. The Stewardesses were very nice and let me swap my seat with my girlfriend (in whY) to let her have a good sleep.

What's interesting for me is I've been upgraded twice. Once on LX - from ZRH-PVG (Y-J, with SQ*S) and again on LH - from PEK-MUC (Y-J with same status). Both times on pretty cheap tickets. I think the LX ticket was 250pounds one way? It seems I have extraordinary luck with the Germanic airlines and also why I am always recommending it to people, especially Swiss.

Comment

Working...
                  X