Leaving KrisFlyer for Marco Polo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving KrisFlyer for Marco Polo

I am a QPP (first year) and will re-qualify for next year. Before that I've been a lowly Gold member for the past 10 years or so. I was "gifted" Marco Polo Diamond through my credit card, so I thgouth I'd give it a test drive (their marketing worked this time!). Since I received the Diamond benefit, I've flown CX on around 20 sectors, and am absolutely loving it.

The overall experience may not be quite up to SQ standards although they do have some positives, but their treatment of premium flyers in my mind is far superior to SQ. This ranges from:

- acknowledgement on board EVERY time I fly (and they are genuine about it), including a few times a little note on my seat welcoming me on board - on the 80 or so SQ sectors in the past year in Y and J I've been acknowledged and greeted perhaps 10 times
    - OW F lounge access in any airport
    - The occasional upgrade - although I never expect this, so not as big a deal but still nice.

Given qualifying for diamond is no where near as onerous as a QPP (let alone TPP) for me since I don't always fly J or F, this in itself is a huge differentiator. Oh and to top it off, when submitting an expense claim for misplaced baggage with SQ, I was always addressed with a completely different first name in written communications - so much for "highly personalised" service as a QPP.

Anyway, to the point of my post - based on the above I'm ready to switch to CX full time, and fly SQ only when required (still more convenient for SE Asia connections). Is it worthwhile me providing the above feedback to SQ and tell them I'm leaving? I don't necessarily want anything from them; my mind is made up, but I would hope that feedback in this business is something they take seriously and hopefully act upon.

Good luck!

SQ's arrogant attitude to PPS members doesn't deserve loyalty, and if you can successfully switch your business to CX, and in the process be happy with their inferior hard products, then more power to you.

At this point, I share your sentiments, but not your conviction that CX/oneworld would work as my main airline/alliance. On this note, I am seriously hoping for a compelling premium SIN-based proposition from QF in the not too distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      On this note, I am seriously hoping for a compelling premium SIN-based proposition from QF in the not too distant future.
      YES!!
      Last edited by SQ_fanatic; 29 October 2011, 12:22 PM. Reason: Quote missing

Comment

Excellent write-up Jambalaya! Sometimes SQ thinks no one out there can match them, nor do they think we have a choice not to be their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post

The overall experience may not be quite up to SQ standards although they do have some positives, but their treatment of premium flyers in my mind is far superior to SQ. This ranges from:

True enough... The regional aircraft CX used are so old and the IFE system is very outdated is not par to SQ. On JKG-TPE sector they only give u sandwich and also seem anyhow created.

But again the recognition is good. As low as Silver member you can use their Biz Class lounge in HKG (not even a separate lounge like SQ for the KF Gold) and they have fantastic shower facility.

I have been advising my friend who travel to Shenzhen a lot (via HKG) to switch to CX from SQ as he can always shower first before he boards his flight home in HKG
          visit my blog

Comment

CX also gave me a complimentary silver card not long ago. I do hope they have better aircrafts serving the CGK <> HK route so that I can fly them more often. Now they only have ageing J class seats serving this route while SQ has now the revamped new F and J seats.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
              CX also gave me a complimentary silver card not long ago. I do hope they have better aircrafts serving the CGK <> HK route so that I can fly them more often. Now they only have ageing J class seats serving this route while SQ has now the revamped new F and J seats.
              well i think you will have to bear with the old regional aircraft. i thought SQ also use regional aircraft for sin-cgk?
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                well i think you will have to bear with the old regional aircraft. i thought SQ also use regional aircraft for sin-cgk?
                From my recent flights, for the morning departure flights at 0920 and 1140, SQ already using the retrofitted 777-300 and 777-200 aircrafts that have new F seats and new Regional seats. Even the old regional seats in J for SQ feels more spacious and comfortable than CX old J seats.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The letter has been written; now, to whom should I send it to? Is the feedback section on the website effective at all?

Comment

I've always sent it to feedback@krisflyer.com.sg. Though the replies have not always been satisfactory.

Comment

Switch To CX Macro Polo If Possible

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      I've always sent it to feedback@krisflyer.com.sg. Though the replies have not always been satisfactory.

Their replies had almost always been unsatisfactory. What they will say in their standard reply are:
                      (1) Thank you for your feedback and suggestion
                      (2) Sorry to hear you leaving SingaporeAir
                      (3) We will forward the message to relevent department for improvement.
                      They just "copy & paste" the above to all their email replies to all customers.

To the OP, I totally agree to switch to CX if possible. I was a former CX Gold member, and had to switch to SQ as I relocated to Singapore 5 years ago. I do miss my CX Gold membership a lot. Even for CX Gold, I had:
                      - Operational Upgrades (quite many times. Short haul, long haul.)
                      - A REAL Business Class lounge when travel Y, with much nicer decor & quality
                      - Address by name onboard in Y (although not all the time)
                      - Inflight manager welcome me personally even in Y (although not all the time)
                      - Senior crew to offer me some cheeze / fruit from Biz Class even in Y (sometimes, and depend on the crew)
                      - Crew to offer me bottle water from Biz Class when travel in long-haul Y

When I have the SQ Gold now, what do I get..?
                      - Not even a Krisflyer magazine (that CX sent by mail every quarter to elites)
                      - Ask you to get out of Biz Class lounge if you travel in Y
                      - Not a shower in Krisflyer Gold lounge, so no shower before long flight allowed (just too bad for you, if you are not travelling J)
                      - I almost forgot I am Gold member, considering the service I get onboard

And yes, some of you are very correct on old CX aircraft. Some of the planes are real out-dated no doubt. However, CX is to receive more and more new aircraft from now on. I guess this will be improved time by time...

Comment

Originally posted by cx100silver View Post
                        To the OP, I totally agree to switch to CX if possible. I was a former CX Gold member, and had to switch to SQ as I relocated to Singapore 5 years ago. I do miss my CX Gold membership a lot.

I am in exactly the same frame of mind after relocating from KL to SG. Even when I was in KL I would fly CX/KA just about everywhere since I had been CX-Gold whilst in HK for years before.

Now I'm thinking of switching back to HK and even looking forward to going back to CX and for all the points you mentioned. Their deliveries of new aircraft will certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by jambalaya View Post
                          I am a QPP (first year) and will re-qualify for next year. Before that I've been a lowly Gold member for the past 10 years or so. I was "gifted" Marco Polo Diamond through my credit card, so I thgouth I'd give it a test drive (their marketing worked this time!). Since I received the Diamond benefit, I've flown CX on around 20 sectors, and am absolutely loving it.

- acknowledgement on board EVERY time I fly (and they are genuine about it), including a few times a little note on my seat welcoming me on board - on the 80 or so SQ sectors in the past year in Y and J I've been acknowledged and greeted perhaps 10 times
                          - The occasional upgrade - although I never expect this, so not as big a deal but still nice.

Given qualifying for diamond is no where near as onerous as a QPP (let alone TPP) for me since I don't always fly J or F, this in itself is a huge differentiator. Oh and to top it off, when submitting an expense claim for misplaced baggage with SQ, I was always addressed with a completely different first name in written communications - so much for "highly personalised" service as a QPP.

Anyway, to the point of my post - based on the above I'm ready to switch to CX full time, and fly SQ only when required (still more convenient for SE Asia connections). Is it worthwhile me providing the above feedback to SQ and tell them I'm leaving? I don't necessarily want anything from them; my mind is made up, but I would hope that feedback in this business is something they take seriously and hopefully act upon.

Sorry, I have a silly question. Which credit cards are gifting marco polo diamond statuses ? It looks very tempting to try cx indeed !

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                            Sorry, I have a silly question. Which credit cards are gifting marco polo diamond statuses ? It looks very tempting to try cx indeed !
                            AMEX Centurion. Not sure if the promotion is still on.

K

Comment

Not sure if it's true but read that AMEX Platinum Charge gives MPC Gold (in certain countries only).

Comment

Working...
                              X