Ticket refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket refund?

Hey guys, this might seem like a really stupid question .... but let's say I buy a Business Class ticket, return, for just shy of $11k.

If I only travel the outbound leg, and decide to cancel the "return" part of the ticket, do I get back half the price, a portion of the ticket, or just the difference between the one-way and return ticket (the one-way is $7k, so meaning I'd get $4k back).

Just curious if anyone knows....

Thanks!

Ooh. I came across one of those $11k Business Class return flights, while looking at the SQ site just hours ago!

Sorry I did'nt help because I'm not sure myself. Will let the experts tell you.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
      Hey guys, this might seem like a really stupid question .... but let's say I buy a Business Class ticket, return, for just shy of $11k.

If I only travel the outbound leg, and decide to cancel the "return" part of the ticket, do I get back half the price, a portion of the ticket, or just the difference between the one-way and return ticket (the one-way is $7k, so meaning I'd get $4k back).

Just curious if anyone knows....

Thanks!
      The last - ie 4K, less any other cancellation fees. Technically what happens is that your ticket is repriced as a one way when you submit for a refund.

Comment

Thanks - that's what I thought..... so let me ask this then, if it's not too much:
        Should I do the $11k SQ ticket, or a return with Lufthansa.... at $6k? Arghhhh.... half the cost! And even if I cancel SQ, it's still LESS!!

I like SQ too much, but $11k is just a ridiculous amount to spend on a ticket....

Comment

I like SQ too much, but $11k is just a ridiculous amount to spend on a ticket....
          You've answered your own question there.

Comment

So true, just looking for some positive reinforcement, then again - we all are when we ask the old "what do you think?" question!
            Thanks!

Comment

So true, just looking for some positive reinforcement, then again - we all are when we ask the old "what do you think?" question!
              The answer to your question depends on various factors including who's paying, what the occasion is (if any) and your own opinion about the value of money. If out of your own pocket, $11k is more than some would earn in a year but for others, it's just spare change.

Comment

I wouldn't spend $11k on a ticket, when in a couple weeks they're $8k. It's ridiculous.... but I don't want to wait till March for the $8k tickets, so I'll go someone else!

Comment

Working...
                X