Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for SIA to vary its menu

From Straits Times Forum:
    "I HAVE been a regular passenger of Singapore Airlines, especially on the Europe-Singapore route.

Singapore is an eaters' paradise, known for its diverse food and unique fusion of different cuisines. So I look forward to the meals on board flights. After travelling the Paris-Singapore route over the years, I have noticed that the meals have always remained the same.

I do not even need to look at the menu to know what I will be eating. This is very disappointing as I expect that a reputed airline like SIA would do its best to delight its customers, (even those in economy class) and strive to improve service quality.

After chatting with other frequent travellers on the same route, I discovered that they too, have the same complaint. I hope to see an improvement the next time I fly with the airline.

Alessandro Santise"

And SQ's reply:
    "In-flight menus updated regularly: SIA

WE THANK Mr Alessandro Santise for his letter yesterday ("Time for SIA to vary its menu").

Our menus are updated on a regular basis. For flights between Singapore and Paris, the menu in Suites is changed every month, while menus in Business and Economy classes are refreshed bimonthly.

Customer feedback plays an important role in our constant review and refinement of meal services, and we will look into the current range of offerings on our Singapore-Paris flights.

Maggie Li (Ms)

Senior Manager Inflight Services

Singapore Airlines"

Any comments on this? At least I know SQ did not change their Continental Breakfasts on flights departing from SIN, at least for the past 10 years. It would always be a ice cold muffin, hard-as-rock roll, butter and jam and cut fruits. Very disappointing.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

The reply from sq is laughable. Flying to CDG over the years has never netted me a menu change. Or maybe I didn't noticed it?
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

AFAIK all SQ menus do change, it is just a matter of how frequent.
      For some routes like CGK, the menus are changed very often (daily or weekly) from several cycles of menus. Of course, they are repeated. Acceptable, IMO.

Comment

Its the BTC menu that needs updating. That one has remained unchanged for years...

Comment

I think the food variety has changed (at least on other routes I've had the opportunity of trying, SIN-CDG-SIN being an exception), but mostly not enough for that letter-sender to have noticed - well, they say the more things change, the more they stay the same, and that's probably the case there... he's probably after more Singaporean fare like carrot cake or chicken rice or something of that vein...

Agreed on BTC... he could have mentioned that, but he also doesn't mention what class of service he's travelling in...

I can think of a heck of alot of other things that need fixing first before meal variety...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Its the BTC menu that needs updating. That one has remained unchanged for years...
            Agreed 100%. I have given up on BTC.

In my opinion, it is not just the variety of food but more importantly, the quality of food that needs to be improved on.

Really bad recently - or have my taste buds gotten too spoilt?

Comment

Same here. I've been flying CGK SIN route for years. It's always that same 3 choice most of the time. Beef Tourenado (spelling) something, stir-fry prawns and the nasi goreng.

That BTC Menu have been around for ages. Never change as well. BTW, even the menu in the Private Room also never change. The waitor there claims they don't change it because the items are "popular".

What about other airlines?

Comment

I know for a fact CX changes their menus in all classes on all routes at least once a month. Pity SQ management think that 'popular' means 'no change required'.

Our comments here are also wasted since no one at SQ management level would even bother to read SQ Talk and then do something about it.

Comment

When it comes to food, SQ disappoints, at least on my flights. I'm tired of the BTC menu.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    I totally agree and find it bizarre how BTC has remained unchanged for so long now.

Comment

amazing how an airline that publishes itself for all the awards they receive spend very little effort on one of their most profitable routes (SIN CGK SIN)...

* same menu
                      * oldest equipment
                      * gate always at the end of the terminal
                      * rarely departs on time
                      Last edited by SQ Traveler; 6 January 2011, 05:11 PM. Reason: misread thread

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Traveler View Post
                        amazing how an airline that publishes itself for all the awards they receive spend very little effort on one of their most profitable routes (SIN CGK SIN)...

* same menu
                        * oldest equipment
                        * gate always at the end of the terminal
                        * rarely departs on time
                        Welcome to SQTalk!
                        *Agreed, like the rest of the posters, are getting tired of the food
                        *The 773s are sent there for capacity AFAIK, not for its new seats or whatsoever.
                        *Is that up to the airline to decide? (I maybe wrong)
                        *Most of my CGK flights are on schedule, but I can't be entirely sure of the whole picture as I don't fly it that much.

Comment

I tell you what, those continental breakfasts in economy ex SIN into Australia are absolutely appalling. the food wastage must be terrible, i hardly ever see anyone finish it. The rolls are disgusting, the muffin is awful, the only thing edible is the fruit. And they wake you up TWO HOURS before landing to serve it. What a joke!
                          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Hmmm... Not sure I entirely agree with you sqdazz... Can't remember the last time the roll I was served was cold - it may have gotten cold before I ate it, but I won't be blaming that on roll itself or the way it was prepared...

That being said, I usually time my flight so as not to get the CBF...

Whilst we're on the topic of menu's - I do have to admit the once a month change would get tiresome for some if they were regularly plying the route and if I was flying in the pointy end more often I might have something to gripe about, but as I'm not and the schedule is more important than the spread put out, I'm not overally flustered..

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              I tell you what, those continental breakfasts in economy ex SIN into Australia are absolutely appalling. the food wastage must be terrible, i hardly ever see anyone finish it. The rolls are disgusting, the muffin is awful, the only thing edible is the fruit. And they wake you up TWO HOURS before landing to serve it. What a joke!
                              Agree!! The CB has been the same for at least the last 16 years! (I had my first continental breakfast on a SIN-SYD flight on SQ221 when I was 13, and it has never changed since then!) I know that at Qantas at least do have a rotation of breakfast pastries such as different types of danishes for their CB service.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                              X