KUL losing 777?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL losing 777?

I heard KUL will lose its 5x 772 service! Is this true? If its true I have to commence a period of mourning

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
    I heard KUL will lose its 5x 772 service! Is this true? If its true I have to commence a period of mourning
    5x what? A week? A day ?

AFAIK, its already gone.. !

I think SQ only has 3 actual flights a day on A333s now.

Comment

The 772 flight (SQ106/107) will become A330 beginning March I think. This probably means the end of us seeing an SQ 772 in KUL unfortunately

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      5x what? A week? A day ?

AFAIK, its already gone.. !

I think SQ only has 3 actual flights a day on A333s now.
      It's still around, the 772s fly 5x weekly, on weekends it's an MI operated flight.

Comment

SIN-KUL is too short a route to be served by the 777s anyway. But MI is taking the slack. I hope to take it

Comment

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
          SIN-KUL is too short a route to be served by the 777s anyway. But MI is taking the slack. I hope to take it
          If there's pax to fill the 777s, SQ won't think any route is too short for the type.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            If there's pax to fill the 777s, SQ won't think any route is too short for the type.
            I don't think so. On such a short route, the operating cost per seat of the 777 is much, much higher than that of the A330, so it's probably more profitable to operate the A330 to KUL and leave the cheapest tickets unsold.

Comment

The good thing about the A330 is for the docking capabilities it provides for the iPOD and a lie-flat C seat. It's not really the number of passengers, but the cost of operating the aircraft.

Comment

The good thing about the A330 is for the docking capabilities it provides for the iPOD and a lie-flat C seat. It's not really the number of passengers, but the cost of operating the aircraft.
                While I agree on the higher operating costs, you do realise the flight is barely 40mins long, so much for the iPod connectivity and lie flat seats.

Comment

do realise the flight is barely 40mins long?
                  Yes, I realize SIN-KUL is about 40 minutes long. That's what makes the A330 so much less expensive to operate than the 777. On a longer route, the relative difference would be smaller.

Comment

While I agree on the higher operating costs, you do realise the flight is barely 40mins long, so much for the iPod connectivity and lie flat seats.
                    Yeah you're right. 40 minutes usually, but sometimes closer to 28-32 minutes with a 02L departure, straight in to 32L or R. I can count on my hands the number of times I've seen someone recline the seat fully on this flight. They also don't give out the ipod cables.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Yeah you're right. 40 minutes usually, but sometimes closer to 28-32 minutes with a 02L departure, straight in to 32L or R. I can count on my hands the number of times I've seen someone recline the seat fully on this flight. They also don't give out the ipod cables.
                      Wow, you really know this flight like the back of your hands If you saw a person fully recline his seat....chances are it was me

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                        Yes, I realize SIN-KUL is about 40 minutes long. That's what makes the A330 so much less expensive to operate than the 777. On a longer route, the relative difference would be smaller.
                        No offense but I was referring to hybirdace101

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          If they don't, can you provide your own? I mean how different are they from the traditional iPod cables (one end connects to the iPod itself and the other to a USB port on the PC or in this case the IFE )?

Comment

Speaking of the 333 on the KL route, I remember being on an SQ 343 to KUL in 1996! It was quite a Celestarry eyed moment

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

If they don't, can you provide your own? I mean how different are they from the traditional iPod cables (one end connects to the iPod itself and the other to a USB port on the PC or in this case the IFE )?
                              I think they're the same thing, the question now is how much time do you have to enjoy this feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X