Confirmed: New-Build A380's to get all J upper deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    As of 20MAY11, A8E configuration is to be assigned on following, however they’re subject to change:
    Singapore – Sydney SQ221/212 eff 20JUN11 (21JUN11 from SYD)

Additional routes to be assigned when more A380 arrives in the A8E configuration
    20JUN11.. That means the delivery of 9V-SKL is less than a month away, considering that they did not refurbish any of the old 388s to this new config.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
      http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/20/sq-a8e-s11/

Singapore Airlines introducing High-Density Business Class A380 configuration
      Singapore Airlines starting June 2011 is introducing 2nd configuration type for its Airbus A380 aircraft, which sees Business Class occupies entire upper deck. The new configuration, is coded “A8E” internally, seats 407, a reduction from current 471. The Star Alliance member will also become the 2nd carrier to see upper deck A380 exclusively used for Business Class, after Korean Air (which also have overall capacity standing at 407)

Comparison between the new configuration (A8E), planned operation and existing A380 configuration (A8A/A8B) as follows:

Lower Deck for both A8A/A8B and A8E remains identical

Suite Class Row 1 – 4 (12 Seats)
      Economy Class Row 31 – 63 (311 Seats)

Upper Deck on existing A380 configuration (A8A/A8B)
      Business Class Row 11 – 27 (60 Seats)
      Economy Class Row 71 – 83 (88 Seats)

Upper Deck on new A380 configuration (A8E)
      Business Class Row 11 – 27, 91 – 96 (84 Seats)

As of 20MAY11, A8E configuration is to be assigned on following, however they’re subject to change:
      Singapore – Sydney SQ221/212 eff 20JUN11 (21JUN11 from SYD)

Additional routes to be assigned when more A380 arrives in the A8E configuration
      This is like Temasek Review ahead of CNA during the recent Singapore GE. While I am in no position to question the authenticity of the information, should this come from Singaporeair?

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        This is like Temasek Review ahead of CNA during the recent Singapore GE. While I am in no position to question the authenticity of the information, should this come from Singaporeair?
        I checked SQ's Seat map in the GDS for those information.

Also, there may be a chance that "A8E" will begin service earlier than 20JUN11. I was just lazy to find other routes with A8E flying.
        Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Just a quick FYI on how I got the number 407, not 409 as other travel websites are reporting.

SQ Seat Map displays Business Class Row 11 - 27 (60 seats) and Row 91 - 96. Layout is 1-2-1.

Given there is only 6 rows towards the rear in 1-2-1, the count is 6 x 4 = 24. So 60 + 24 = 84

R12J84Y311 = 407
          Airline Route | twitter

Comment

So basically Australia get screwed again, I really quite liked the Upper Deck Y class preferred seats for myself, as I am tall it worked out really well. Now will have to be downstairs which is disappointing or fly TG which is alot cheaper in J than SQ.

Comment

Surely AirlineRoute.net's reference to "High-Density Business Class" is incorrect. The new config sounds like a higher number of business class seats, rather than an increase in the density of business class seats. The latter implies that they are packed together more closely.

Comment

New layout of the new J Class on A380, it says 86 seats here instead of 84.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/seatmaps/airbus380.pdf

Ok, where are the 2 extra seats on these new configuration ?

It is seats 16A & 16K, which isn't found on the existing A380s.
                Last edited by feb01mel; 22 May 2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan^ View Post
                  So basically Australia get screwed again, I really quite liked the Upper Deck Y class preferred seats for myself, as I am tall it worked out really well. Now will have to be downstairs which is disappointing or fly TG which is alot cheaper in J than SQ.
                  Just a temp swap to allow the lone ranger to do captive runs until the next 1 arrives.

Comment

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/ne...0-cabin-layout

Comment

Thanks feb01mel

At least they have marked the windowless seats ( rows 11 & 91 )

But does any other airline sell windowless business class seats?!

Unacceptable for me

Also whats with row 96? Mini cabin or for PITA PAXs

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Also whats with row 96? Mini cabin or for PITA PAXs
                        I think I'll like 96...

Comment

SIA should have this too, just like Korean Air:

The airline also proudly unveiled another unique feature of its A380, the stylish onboard bar and lounge area where passengers can sample Korean Air’s selection of exclusive cocktails while enjoying some rest and relaxation during their flight.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            I think I'll like 96...
                            I'd be hesitent on that. Right next to the loos. Won't be private.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              I'd be hesitent on that. Right next to the loos. Won't be private.
                              But I don't think the usage of those washroom would not be as high as those before Row 91, i.e. for those who sit before row 93 will propably go to the row 91's WC rather than the back one.

I will definitely choose 96A if I have chance

Comment

The toilets behind Row 96, do you all think is kind of smaller than the middle ones ?

And I recall there is a form of "curvature" or "steps" on top which make it look smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X