No announcement yet.

SQ to/from Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always found that regional flights stand a better chance of arriving at T3 if it's an evening flight. Just my speculation.

Comment

I've flown this route a few times recently, and it has *nearly* always been the old style 2 class 772, the one with 2-3-2 seating in J.

Having said that, I have had equipment swaps to a 773 once in each direction, so it can happen.

Flights have always arrived in T2, except for the time it was swapped to a 773, which arrived in T3.

The beauty of arriving in T3 was that we weren't subjected to security screening on arrival

As far as AVOD goes, I understand some of the 772's have it, whilst others still have the old loop system. Personally, I don't bother with IFE on such a short flight. I prefer to take a newspaper or read a book instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        BKK-SIN flights *do* arrive in T3 sometimes, SIN-BKK almost never in my experience. No skybeds, generally, unless for equipment swaps.
        yeah i remember arriving in T3 on QR after midnight, and I saw arriving SQ pax in the DFS. Apparently they were arriving from BKK (last flight out of BKK which arrive in SIN after midnight).
        visit my blog

Comment

BKK-SIN flights *do* arrive in T3 sometimes, SIN-BKK almost never in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I've always found that regional flights stand a better chance of arriving at T3 if it's an evening flight. Just my speculation.
            depends where your bird is goin to next

Comment

BKK-SIN flights *do* arrive in T3 sometimes, SIN-BKK almost never in my experience.

I'm gonna have to agree with milehighj on this one.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

I'm gonna have to agree with milehighj on this one.
                Hey cut him some slack. At least he wasn't (to my knowledge) planning on driving soon after he posted that.

(Referenced post is the second best post on SQT, after a certain SQTalker's galley wa*k. )
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  It's funny in multiple dimensions, come to think of it!

"SIN-BKK SQ flights almost never depart from T3 in my experience"

Comment

For the record, SQ979 arrived at T3 yesterday according to changiairport.com

Comment

Indeed very true. SIN-BKK will never use T3 (unless emergency??)

BKK-SIN may still have chance
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        Indeed very true. SIN-BKK will never use T3 (unless emergency??)

BKK-SIN may still have chance
                        Note: he said almost

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

(Referenced post is the second best post on SQT, after a certain SQTalker's galley wa*k. )
                          Nah...I'd have to go with the one in the 7kg thread...
                          HUGE AL

Comment

For me - 100% old seats to and fro. 100% T2.

Also 100% couldn't be bothered either way. Short flight. Get to destination fast and on time matters more.

Comment

Just looking for flights in a few months from BKK-MAN and noticed an additional afternoon flight departing BKK at 17:20 and arriving Changi at 20:45, which makes for a much better connection to SQ328. A little digging (what would we do without airline route !!) shows a sixth daily flight on Thursday and Friday from April:

Singapore Airlines from 02APR15 is increasing operations on Singapore – Bangkok route, with the addition of 6th daily flight on Thursdays and Fridays. Boeing 777-200ER aircraft operates this new flight.

SQ982 SIN1430 – 1555BKK 772 45
                              SQ983 BKK1720 – 2045SIN 772 45

From 04JUN15, SQ982/983 operates with Airbus A330-300 aircraft
                              http://airlineroute.net/2015/01/22/sq-bkk-s15/

Comment

Working...
                              X