Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to/from Bangkok

My first SQ J flight in 15 years

Will SQ use their newly furbished 772s or will they use the standard 3/2 class seats? And what are the chances of getting a spacebed? Is there entertainment onboard? And what are the chances of the 1830 flight from BKK arriving in T3?

Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
    My first SQ J flight in 15 years

Will SQ use their newly furbished 772s or will they use the standard 3/2 class seats? And what are the chances of getting a spacebed? Is there entertainment onboard? And what are the chances of the 1830 flight from BKK arriving in T3?
    Old seats. chance of spacebed - almost none.

Entertainment via pull-out PTV's, it may or may not be on demand... likely a loop system.

More likely you will arrive in T2 but you never know.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Of all my flights to BKK in the last 2 years , i've never had a spacebed equipped 772 .
      PTV's were pretty mixed between non-avod and avod .
      I've never arrived in T3 as well .

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
        Of all my flights to BKK in the last 2 years , i've never had a spacebed equipped 772 .
        Try the SIN-AMS or SIN-CPH flights.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

For this kind of flight - i HOPE it's not a spacebed flight. I much prefer old regional J for sitting down and just reclining a bit to relax. 2 hours 20 or so on the schedule, usually 1:45 to 1:50 on the clock - those spacebeds are not comfy for this type of flight.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
            I think there was one flight from Bangkok that will arrived in T3 in the pass. Not sure if it still there. I believe that flight is from Japan->Bangkok->Singapore?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              I think there was one flight from Bangkok that will arrived in T3 in the pass. Not sure if it still there. I believe that flight is from Japan->Bangkok->Singapore?
              I believe that flight was terminated quite a while ago and was a 747 flight. Perhaps the probability of it arriving at T3 was because it was a 747, and 747s only flew to HKG/SFO and FRA/JFK, both which depart from T3.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I believe that flight was terminated quite a while ago and was a 747 flight. Perhaps the probability of it arriving at T3 was because it was a 747, and 747s only flew to HKG/SFO and FRA/JFK, both which depart from T3.
                The flight you refer to was SQ996/995 SIN-BKK-NRT which was operated by a 3 class 772 right up till the end of its' days, iirc

edit: Became SQ632/631 upon the renumbering exercise.

Comment

Hmmm, I always thought it was a 747. IIRC there was a BKK flight that was a 747.

When was SQ632/631 terminated btw?

Comment

Hmmm, I always thought it was a 747. IIRC there was a BKK flight that was a 747.

When was SQ632/631 terminated btw?
                    About two years ago
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Yes, you are correct, there was. It was SQ67/68 , dunno what it became after the renumbering exercise, but it did not go to Japan. My favourite flight. They stopped that before T3 ever opened I think though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                        Try the SIN-AMS or SIN-CPH flights.
                        Haha i already did a SIN-AMS-SIN flight a few months back
                        Not missing the spacebed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Yes, you are correct, there was. It was SQ67/68 , dunno what it became after the renumbering exercise, but it did not go to Japan. My favourite flight. They stopped that before T3 ever opened I think though.
                          Ah yes, the halcyon days of the 744 to and from BKK.

That afternoon flight back down to Changi in F on the Megatop remains one of my favourite memories of flying SQ, and god knows there's been a few. I used to have a ball on those flights, and a hell of a lot of Dom and Krug as well!.

One was definitely SQ67, but although SQ68 would make sense I thought the other one was SQ64 ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            One was definitely SQ67, but although SQ68 would make sense I thought the other one was SQ64 ?.
                            Yeah, it was SQ64. I'm getting old.

Comment

BKK-SIN flights *do* arrive in T3 sometimes, SIN-BKK almost never in my experience. No skybeds, generally, unless for equipment swaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X