Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How strict is SQ with the 7kg carry on allowance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How strict is SQ with the 7kg carry on allowance?

My next flight on SQ I am taking a small carry on (well within the size allowance) with me for the first time, i have always checked in my lugggage in the past.

I am only elite silver and flying in economy so i get no extra luggage allowances, i am wanting to know how strict SQ police the 7kg rule, will they allow it if my luggage weighs closer to 8kg? I am flying out of MEL.

Thanks for any help.

SQ238.

http://tinyurl.com/2vhxzwy
    HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks HUGE AL,

I did do a search through the search engine here on SQTalk but it kept coming back with hundreds of results because it only seems to search for all the individual words, I cannot work out how to search for a phrase such as "7kg carry on luggage".

I will now search on SQTalk through Google.

Cheers and again thanks for your help.

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        This "Let me google for you" is becoming viral here

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
            This "Let me google for you" is becoming viral here
            Much to my chagrin...

Anyway, love your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
              I am only elite silver and flying in economy so i get no extra luggage allowances, i am wanting to know how strict SQ police the 7kg rule, will they allow it if my luggage weighs closer to 8kg? I am flying out of MEL.

Thanks for any help.

SQ238.
              You won't have any problem with 8 kg. The only issue you sometimes have down there is the anal issue Australian and NZ airports seem to have with hand luggage, for reasons I really am unable to fathom. SYD isn't to bad but MEL and BNE....

You would think it was the airports themselves carrying your luggage, not the airline...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                You won't have any problem with 8 kg. The only issue you sometimes have down there is the anal issue Australian and NZ airports seem to have with hand luggage, for reasons I really am unable to fathom. SYD isn't to bad but MEL and BNE....

You would think it was the airports themselves carrying your luggage, not the airline...
                Just going to say that. I have flown MAN > BNE and back a few times and they never check at Manchester but at Brisbane its another story

Comment

I had to accompany a friend of mine to BNE airport to say farewell, he was 1kg over and still got charged for that. Unbelievable.

I'm flying out of BNE this Saturday and weight of my luggages are 45kg altogether. I wonder how they will treat me this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    The only issue you sometimes have down there is the anal issue...
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Al that's twice u made me LOLoud in the office within a short space of 9 posts.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their replies, very much appreciated.

SQ238.

Comment

weird thing is i was 6kg over my allowed for checked in bags. They never said a thing

Comment

MEL station is very strict in regards to hand carry. You are allowed 7 kg (max. 8kg) of hand carry and you are also allowed one personal item (eg. laptop, handbags, or camera bags).

In regards to checked in bags, it would depend on your agent, the SQ reps, and also the flight load. If it's a full flight, it is unlikely they let you go easily.

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
                              Al that's twice u made me LOLoud in the office within a short space of 9 posts.
                              Everybody deserves a little ribbing when they mistype...myself included.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X