Seat Pitch in EY-772ERvs773ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Pitch in EY-772ERvs773ER

I was looking on through Seatguru and noticed that the seat pitch in EY on the 772ER(SV*) series had a 34inch seat pitch against the 773ER’s pitch of 32inches.
    From what I know about seat pitch it may be interpreted as an indication of more legroom but it might be affected by the thickness of the seatback.
    The new seat seems to be slimmer than those found on the 772ER so why has the pitch been reduced since most of the 772ER routes are being taken over by the 773ER?
    Or is there something that i do not know about the new seats or seat guru is just plain inaccurate

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
    or seat guru is just plain inaccurate
    You said it right there. SV's have a nominal 33 inches, SW's have 32. The overall "feeling" however is similar - as you alluded to, probably due to seat thickness.

Comment

Never noticed that SV* birds have more legroom than SW*s. I always thought they were about the same. Probably due to the seat thickness I presume? And does the old EY seats with the two small pockets next to the IFE screen depend on the aircraft reg. too? Sorry for OT
      Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
        Never noticed that SV* birds have more legroom than SW*s. I always thought they were about the same. Probably due to the seat thickness I presume? And does the old EY seats with the two small pockets next to the IFE screen depend on the aircraft reg. too? Sorry for OT
        772 aircrafts with AVOD have those two small pockets next to the IFE screen whilst non-AVOD aircrafts do not.

Comment

i somehow feel that there's less legroom when im not in the SV* aircraft
          Dont know why...Hmm...could be my mind though
          Looks like i gotta bring some measuring tape on my next flight

Comment

SQ is infamous for having 'tight' seats.

TG and MH has been known for having 34" on their 772ERs, and B747s. (TG's A340 fleet too)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

TG and MH has been known for having 34" on their 772ERs, and B747s. (TG's A340 fleet too)
              It has an 'expanded' screen and 'expanded' meal tray to counter with . I found an rectangular meal tray looks much better than a square .

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                That must explain why my legs were feeling cramps last week.

Comment

I thought the 77W seats were slightly larger than the 77E seats.

Comment

Larger in width by about 1.5inches i think

Comment

Working...
                    X