No announcement yet.

Ever had your selected seat given away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had your selected seat given away?

I've selected seat 48D on A380 Singapore to Tokyo and wondering if you've ever selected your seat online, only to have it given to someone else at check in?

Never happened to me.

Comment

yes - that exact seat last year on SQ318. Wasn't best pleased as I'd passed on the preferred seats as 48D was free. Apparently the seat arm was broken, but noticed someone happily in that seat when I walked around mid flight. I was relocated to the upper deck mid row. Took a protest just to get moved to an aisle. Interestingly it was the only flight in years where I hadn't done OLCI.

Comment

I've had this once on a Swiss flight but the crew did ask because of a couple wanting to sit together. I didn't mind and agreed that time... since it was on SIN-BKK, and quite a short flight. Only happened to me once.

Comment

Once when I chose a window seat on full SIN-MNL flight, my name was called before boarding at the holding area, I had to be re-seated cause of an unaccompanied minor wanting a window seat so badly. I can understand that
          Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Happened to my mom SQ 12 SIN-LAX. She was in J and they were overbooked all classes. They put her on the non-stop and also gave a 1-way upgrade which she used on the way back...

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
              Happened to my mom SQ 12 SIN-LAX. She was in J and they were overbooked all classes. They put her on the non-stop and also gave a 1-way upgrade which she used on the way back...
              That actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Comment

Yup - she called me from the airport and I said 'go for it'!

Comment

Working...
                X