Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed : Regional 772's to get cabin refurb (72A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another two birds have completed their refurbishments -
    • 9V-SQL entered service early this morning on the SQ800/803 rotation (PEK), and
    • 9V-SQN - no indication of service entry (yet).

This means the following flights will now get the 72A refurbed birds -
    • SQ502/503 (BLR) w.e.f. 28May
    • SQ406/405 (DEL) w.e.f. 29May
    • SQ870/859 (HKG) w.e.f. 29May

Of course, all of this (barring the list on top) is subject to change...

So far, three of the remaining four (SRN/O/Q) slated for refurbishment appear to still be in active service, while SRP has not had any activity for the past 1-2 days.
    Last edited by a340-313x; 28 May 2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: Allocation for SQN changed (again).

Comment

• Wow, that was fast - was on 9V-SQL (as a downgauge on SQ802) end of March and am likely on SQ800 this upcoming Friday also. And it definitely wasn't refurbished then.

Comment

• 9V-SQN enters service tonight (early tomorrow morning) on SQ826/827, barring any last minute swaps again...

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          For those who are unaware, the seat map link for the newly refurbished 777-200
          is as below.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Util...nt=772&index=3

Rows 17 & 18 in J class will be in a mini cabin.
          However, during boarding, Economy pax will be walking pass you to get to their seats if that doesn't bother you.
          I previously showed you guys this link of a 772 retrofit seatmap, (A) :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...72_Layout4.gif

Now I see another new seat map, (B) :

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...72_Layout3.gif

No major difference except for :-

- Seat Map (A) has 26 J class seats fwd J class cabin, and 12 J class seats in next cabin
          - Seat Map (B) has 20 J class seats fwd J class cabin (fewer seats seem due to closets in front), and 18 J class seats in next cabin.

Comment

• This is the retrofitted SQ-series aircraft (SQI-SQN). They don't usually replumb the aircraft and hence, the galley and lav locations remain.

And this is the SR-series aircraft (SRM-SRQ) layout.

Comment

• Any updated re-birth dates for 9V-SRN, SRO, SRP, and SRQ?

Comment

• So how does one tell whether you'll get the SQx or SRx birds? By route? By flight number?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  So how does one tell whether you'll get the SQx or SRx birds? By route? By flight number?
                  Yes, I am also dying to know this too.

How does one know? Or is it not fixed ?

Calling for NickC , he should have the answer.

Comment

• I put my money on "it's 70% fixed but ultimately, swappable"

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      So how does one tell whether you'll get the SQx or SRx birds? By route? By flight number?
                      If you're talking about the refurbished birds, then given that there is no seating differences, they are all on the same rotation (so whether you'll get an SRx or SQx is purely based on rotation). This is unlike in the past where the SQx were 3-class and the SRx were 2-class birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                        If you're talking about the refurbished birds, then given that there is no seating differences, they are all on the same rotation (so whether you'll get an SRx or SQx is purely based on rotation). This is unlike in the past where the SQx were 3-class and the SRx were 2-class birds.
                        I think you have missed the point. He wants to know how one would find out if you have a refurbished bird on your route.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                          Yes. How do you know which refurbished bird one will be on.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          I think you have missed the point. He wants to know how one would find out if you have a refurbished bird on your route.
                          He did not. You did

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                            He asked how we would know if we were getting SQx or SRx birds on particular flights, not whether they were the refurbished ones or not, and so I presumed he was asking whether there was any distinction between refurbished SQx or SRx birds... well there isn't - they are all on the same rotation as I said.

The refurbished birds are scheduled on the list of flights found further up in this thread. Off the top of my head, as of now -
                            • SQ826/827 (SINPVGSIN)
                            • SQ828/831 (SINPVGSIN)
                            • SQ832/835 (SINPVGSIN)
                            • SQ800/803 (SINPEKSIN)
                            • SQ810/801 (SINPEKSIN)
                            • SQ870/859 (SINHKGSIN)
                            • SQ422/421 (SINBOMSIN)
                            • SQ406/405 (SINDELSIN)
                            • SQ502/503 (SINBLRSIN)

However, yes, they are ultimately swappable given they have more unrefurbished birds then refurbished ones at the moment... (and I have seen equipment swaps at less than 2 hours before departure).

Comment

• oh right sorry

Comment

• If you have Expertflyer account, you can find out in advance from seat map what kind of aircraft configuration your flight is, so that gives you a clue whether is it a refurbished aircraft or not, SQx or SRx birds or unrefurbished (old regional) aircraft.

Another way to tell from the seat map (whether you get SQx or SRx bird) is the position of the bassinet seats (in the second J class cabin) which are indicated with a "X" on Expertflyer.

SQI-SQN birds- bassinet seats in the second J class cabin is 17C & 17H

SRM-SRQ birds -bassinet seats in the second J class cabin is 16C & 16H

Comment

Working...
                                X