SQ in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
    Just wondering, is SIN-MXP-ORD really that unlikely/unfeasible? I'm sort of surprised SQ hasn't been able to make ORD work as a destination. But I suppose this routing wouldn't make UA/LH any happier with SQ.
    I think the last line there answers your question, with regard to LH and them recently setting up a base in MXP. They don't care about UA as it's no secret SQ and UA are not the best of friends.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      I tried out SIN-DME-IAH, it is also not a particularly short way of getting between SIN and IAH. But I still do not think that SIN-MXP-ORD will happen anytime soon.
      Yes but DME-IAH has premium yielding O&D traffic to support it.

Comment

There is an article in which they explain that Singapore Airlines has required rights to increase frequencies in MXP and open a flight to New York. This after CX, which has obtained rights for a 4xw MXP-HKG, starting next 28th March

Comment

While I would definitely be happy to see SQ operating MXP-NYC route, I still think the last thing MXP needs is the umpteenth flight to/from NYC.
          There are so many flights between the two cities, even if I agree none of them could compete with SQ in terms of quality.
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Yes I think it would be better another city, and I think if SQ may operate MXP-NYC it will be the best airline on that route. And it will be the first Star Alliance MXP-NYC flight.

Comment

So, not only are SQ staring a double daily A380 to FCO and MXP-ORD flights, but they are going to do MXP-JFK as well ?.

I am beginning to think that 14 x weekly SIN-MXP-LAX, 11 x weekly SIN-MXP-FCO and daily SIN-MXP-LGA flights must have been put on the back burner for a while.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 14 January 2010, 06:01 AM. Reason: Forgot my SIN's...

Comment

I think SQ is only thinking to start SIN-MXP-USA... they aren't increasing FCO... it was only a rumor from Rome Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by SQMilan View Post
                  Yes I think it would be better another city, and I think if SQ may operate MXP-NYC it will be the best airline on that route. And it will be the first Star Alliance MXP-NYC flight.
                  And also the first service offering first class on the route.

Comment

BTW, SQ wouldn't be the first Star alliance carrier to fly between MXP and NYC, since CO is already operating the route [CO0044/CO0045]

Comment

Yes, I did a mistake... SQ is the first airline to operate MXP-JFK...

Comment

Originally posted by SQMilan View Post
                        Yes, I did a mistake... SQ is the first airline to operate MXP-JFK...
                        AZ/DL/AA operate MXP-JFK. Do you mean SQ will be the first Star Alliance airlines to operate MXP-JFK if they were to start?

Comment

TerryK, in the previous post SQMilan was talking about Star Carriers.

Anyway his final thought is "SQ would be the first Star Alliance carrier to offer direct flights between MXP and JFK".
                          =9
                          Luke

Comment

Working...
                          X