Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there charges for rerouting for flights booked online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there charges for rerouting for flights booked online?

Hi,

I'm planning for my trip next year, in July. I am about 90% sure about my destination that it will be in the Far East, but it could also be in Australasia. My departure point will be LHR.

I just made a dummy booking online for travel to the Far East, and it came up with Flexi Saver (M) and Flexi (E) fares.

I wonder what are your experiences with destination changes with Singapore Airlines. Is it just a case of topping up the differences between the [current fares to Australasia] and [price paid for flights to the Far East], or will there be lots of other administrative work?

Thanks for any advice!!

Hi taless,

I ever did a destination change last year after my ticket was ticketed, and SQ charged me SGD 75 for admin fees to cancel the original ticket and issue a new one.

Comment

Change of destination should incur a charge as the original ticket needs to be cancelled. However, you won't know what will happen with SQ lately. I got charged S$ 75 for admin fees just to change the timing of my flight from late afternoon to early morning 2 weeks ago.

I still believe I have been mistakenly charged and my written complaint to SQ regarding the issue has not borne any fruit until now.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the info above.

It seems like your experiences are with rerouting at Singapore - I just wonder if it will be the same with UK issued tickets.

UMD: I think that is definitely a mistake, because I always see: Itinerary Changes: Allowed, without stating any charges - they shouldn't be allowed to charge in this case!

Comment

UMD, if it is a full flexi ticket (E) you should not be charged the admin fee for a time or date change.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
            UMD, if it is a full flexi ticket (E) you should not be charged the admin fee for a time or date change.
            Just to add to what Pinkfloyd said, any one of the following fare classes would also qualify as fully-flex - E, B, Y, S.

I seem to recall that some semi-flex fare classes (W?) also do allow changes? I seemed to have changed tickets bought ex-Australia on W class before with no charge. I might be mistaken on this one and would appreciate any corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
              Just to add to what Pinkfloyd said, any one of the following fare classes would also qualify as fully-flex - E, B, Y, S.

I seem to recall that some semi-flex fare classes (W?) also do allow changes? I seemed to have changed tickets bought ex-Australia on W class before with no charge. I might be mistaken on this one and would appreciate any corrections.
              Yes it's correct. I have changed flights on W and M before and no charges.

Comment

Changing origin and/or destination requires a new fare, thus cancellation fee & service fee applies regardless of what the fare rules say.

Comment

Working...
                X