Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAs are not allowed to cancel the service buttons by themselves in SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAs are not allowed to cancel the service buttons by themselves in SQ?

In the Airbus bus fleet, the overhead panel contains reading lights and service button lights with individual switch (which I think it is better than Boeing as everything have to control over the IFE remote), but during SQ flights, when there is someone press the service button light, the FA would ask the passenger to off the service light by using the remote control.

However on other airlines, I found that the FAs would disable the service lights by themselves after satifying their needs. Is SQ not allowed the FAs to do so? Or I just miss something

Thanks!

I have had many FA's on SQ cancel out the service lights themselves... Both in Y and J...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

So as to maybe not 'intrude' on your personal space...?

Comment

the FA would ask the passenger to off the service light by using the remote control.
        Happened to me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

But isn't that the whole point about why we put the remote control on our laps........ or is that just me

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Or that of another passenger (e.g., if the passenger who pressed the call button is in the middle or window seat in Y).

I think it's appropriate that it's the passenger who turns off his call signal when the FA arrives.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I once had an Aerofloat as a child about 13years ago, my first ever flight.

On Aeroflot they cancel it withOUT satisfying your request lol

Maybe I had a very bad crew that night. I remembered pressing the service button to ask for a soda. A big, grumpy looking FA walked huridly by, reached over at switched it off and continued walking down!

Comment

IIRC, there are 6 service button light per row, take A330 as example:

'L' means service button light

L L L---L LL
                AC DEFG HK

When A or C passenger press the button, the light over A+C both ON, pressing any one light can disable both.
                When D or E passenger press the button, the light over D ON.
                When F or G passenger press the button, the light over G ON.
                When H or K passenger press the button, the light over H+K both ON, pressing any one light can disable both.

So I think it is quite easy for the FAs to press the button above seats C,D,G,H without intrude the passengers
                Last edited by sutrakhk; 24 November 2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                  On Aeroflot they cancel it withOUT satisfying your request lol
                  On TG they cancelled mine directly in the galley

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                    On TG they cancelled mine directly in the galley
                    I didn't realise they even bothered to notice!

(unless you're caucasian, or MAN Flyer)

Comment

On the A380 to CDG last week I pressed the call button, and the FA came, pressed the button to turn it off then asked me what i wanted then hurried back into the galley.

Don't know if it's standard procedure

Comment

Originally posted by First_Flyer View Post
                        On the A380 to CDG last week I pressed the call button, and the FA came, pressed the button to turn it off then asked me what i wanted then hurried back into the galley.

Don't know if it's standard procedure
                        As stated previously, this is what normally happens to me... Would say 99% of the time...
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I didn't realise they even bothered to notice!

(unless you're caucasian, or MAN Flyer)

I have never pressed a call button in my life!. If I do they'd better run, as it will be serious..

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I have never pressed a call button in my life!.
                            Oooh, you're lagging behind pax who press it to turn it on, but can't be fussed about pressing it again to turn it off.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I have never pressed a call button in my life!
                              Neither have I. A smile to them when they walk pass is good enough to stop them asking if I needed anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X