SQ327 Flight Duration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ327 Flight Duration

Help! [I'm new here, btw]. I've got 2 different versions of the flight duration for the MAN-SIN SQ327 from my travel agent and from the airline.
    I make it 12hrs 10mins: anyone got a different/confirming view?
    Thanks

Welcome to SQTalk, paging MAN Flyer...

Comment

I think it's closer to 13-odd hours... Last check shows SQ327 (departing 4-Nov-09) taking almost 14 hours, but it might be due to the strong-ish winds we're having in North-West Europe at the moment...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by slioch View Post
        Help! [I'm new here, btw]. I've got 2 different versions of the flight duration for the MAN-SIN SQ327 from my travel agent and from the airline.
        I make it 12hrs 10mins: anyone got a different/confirming view?
        Thanks
        Welcome to SQTalk, slioch

It differs at times depending on the strength of the tail wind and little details on the route. An extra 10-15 mins can be added if you go all the way around to approach Changi from the South rather than coming in from the North over Malaysia.

It's generally twelve to twleve and a half hours.

Comment

Thanks for the help folks. Discovered my travel agent was quoting the time difference [GMT to Singapore time] instead of flight duration, leaving me with an 8 hour flight time. Which only goes to prove that I need to find a new travel agent.

Comment

Somehow I doubt it's only 8 hours - MAN Flyer just said above that it's 12 hrs, there-ish... and if anyone should know...

Comment

From SIA Flight Information, it is 13 hours 10 minutes scheduled flying time. If you look up SilverKris, from MAN to SIN, it's 12 hours 55 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by slioch View Post
                an 8 hour flight time.
                I know of only one MAN based aircraft that could do Singapore in 8 hours, and as well as needing a refueling stop en route, is not likely to fly again any time soon.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                From SIA Flight Information, it is 13 hours 10 minutes scheduled flying time. If you look up SilverKris, from MAN to SIN, it's 12 hours 55 minutes.
                Now Sir, you of all people should know how much notice to take of airline schedules these days.

To say they are padded is an understatement. LHR to CDG now strangely takes twice as long as it did 20 years ago according to the schedules, and I do not believe either airport has moved in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I know of only one MAN based aircraft that could do Singapore in 8 hours, and as well as needing a refueling stop en route, is not likely to fly again any time soon.

Now Sir, you of all people should know how much notice to take of airline schedules these days.

To say they are padded is an understatement. LHR to CDG now strangely takes twice as long as it did 20 years ago according to the schedules, and I do not believe either airport has moved in that time.
                  Due to traffic congestion on the ground or the air maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    Due to traffic congestion on the ground or the air maybe?
                    Indeed. Of course anyone flying to or from LHR has no option but to pad the schedule considerably, but most do it nowadays anyway as it helps make their punctuality figures look good.

Comment

Working...
                    X