Picture of pre-skysuite F seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Not only that, you could invite a few of us over to try them out!

*raises hand*
    Sure. Feel free to come over. Just dont expect me to don a suit with a blue tie (and definitely not a blue kebaya) and serve you

Here are some pics of that mysterious pair of SQ seats over at my place. Does anyone have some vague idea of what fleet and cabin they were on?

That is an A4 file on the seat, to show its relative size

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
      If you like the classic & the oldies of SQ, here are some more...

There aren't too many photos of this around. Did this plane have this logo on the starboard side, too?

[Actually, this is the only photo I've seen of this logo apart from that on an old inflight mag... Would you happen to have more photos of this plane?]

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        Sure. Feel free to come over. Just dont expect me to don a suit with a blue tie (and definitely not a blue kebaya) and serve you

Here are some pics of that mysterious pair of SQ seats over at my place. Does anyone have some vague idea of what fleet and cabin they were on?

That is an A4 file on the seat, to show its relative size
        Those seats look like some Qantas seats (originally domestic F then made their way to a couple of jetconnect 737s as business), albeit with different covering.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          Those seats look like some Qantas seats (originally domestic F then made their way to a couple of jetconnect 737s as business), albeit with different covering.
          Oh gosh.. you might be right. I just checked with my sister over in Tokyo where she got the seats from. It wasn't from SQ themselves, it was through a 3rd party auction so maybe there is a chance it wasn't SQ afterall if the seller wasn't genuine!And I thought I had SQ seats. What a bummer

Comment

more than one airline can have the same seat

I think this predates my SQ flying (certainly at the pointy end) so no personal experience of these seats on SQ.

Comment

Love the classic photos, many thanks for posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                These are the same seats that SQ used in their fleet many years ago. The A313 had them in F class. As for the seat cover, I believe SQ had these very same ones in the mid to late 80s on some of their aircrafts - 2nd batch of 743s.

This was the period when every new aircraft type came with different interior decor and seat covers...

Correct me if I am wrong, but SQ only started the process of standardizing their cabin interiors from the early 90s onwards.

Comment

so it really might he SQ seats. Not that it really mattered but I thought my sis fell for some dodgy traders buying what was sold as old SQ seats.

Oh well. They're pretty comfortable actually

Comment

Working...
                  X