Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 77A be operating on SYD/MEL by March?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 77A be operating on SYD/MEL by March?

Hi there,

Is it likely that the 773's on the SYD and MEL routes will be refitted by mid March 2010?

Thanks
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
    Hi there,

Is it likely that the 773's on the SYD and MEL routes will be refitted by mid March 2010?

Thanks
    dunno

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
      Hi there,

Thanks
      SYD yes, MEL no. SQ231/232 are already "73A"; SQ219/220 are supposed to convert to 73A by year end (not that anyone actually knows which additional aircraft have been, or are being, put in work -- only that the refit is supposed to cover SYG -- SYL by 31 December).

MEL is not on the official list of re-fit destinations....at least, not right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
        SYD yes, MEL no. SQ231/232 are already "73A"; SQ219/220 are supposed to convert to 73A by year end (not that anyone actually knows which additional aircraft have been, or are being, put in work -- only that the refit is supposed to cover SYG -- SYL by 31 December).

MEL is not on the official list of re-fit destinations....at least, not right now.
        Until 1 Feb 2010, SQ220 still 744, and then change into 773 from 2 Feb onward... (that's what it said on SQ booking engines).
        But on my E-Tix for 10 Feb, SQ220 has been changed from 773A into 772ER yesterday... it used to be 773A when I issued this E-Tix last month...
        (and on the booking engines still showed 773 for that date... )
        Last edited by Dent@SUB; 6 November 2009, 05:32 PM. Reason: aircraft type correction

Comment

Can someone enlighten me what booking engine we are talking about? SQ's booking tool is showing "777-300" for both the old 773 and the 77A.

Only when you get to the point of making the seat assignment you could tell what 777 is flying...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            Can someone enlighten me what booking engine we are talking about? SQ's booking tool is showing "777-300" for both the old 773 and the 77A.

Only when you get to the point of making the seat assignment you could tell what 777 is flying...
            My mistake....
            Indeed SQ booking engine only showed 777-300.
            No way to know before you reach the seat selection stage... (except call the agent)...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
              My mistake....
              Indeed SQ booking engine only showed 777-300.
              No way to know before you reach the seat selection stage... (except call the agent)...
              ExpertFlyer will tell you, if you're a subscriber.............

Comment

SIA 772 to Sydney Feb/Mar 10

As per 12NOV09 GDS timetable display, Singapore Airlines has further adjusted aircraft operation on Singapore – Sydney SQ219/220 service from 01FEB10.

Planned 777-300 service from 01FEB10 is shelved, and being operated by 777-200ER instead. SQ219/220 planned aircraft operation until 31JAN10 was posted on 26OCT09

http://airlineroute.net/2009/11/12/sq-sinsyd-febmar10/

Comment

Oh no... I was so looking forward to the new cabin!

Comment

Working...
                  X