Seatback USB Port uses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatback USB Port uses

I've done a search and can't quite find the answer ...

but what is the uses of the USB port on A333 and A388 seatbacks?

If I load up a thumb drive with 'stuff' can it play through Krisworld? If so, what format whould I save a movie in?

At the least I'm hoping it will charge my iPhone.

I've been a lurker here for a while in anticipation of my BNE - SIN - CDG flight on Sunday. Haven't flown longhaul for a decade but before that did quite a few trips with SQ between Australia and Europe, mostly on 744s, out of Brussels, London, Amsterdam and Zurich.

Cheers,
    flybynite

Originally posted by flybynite View Post
    I've done a search and can't quite find the answer ...

but what is the uses of the USB port on A333 and A388 seatbacks?

If I load up a thumb drive with 'stuff' can it play through Krisworld? If so, what format whould I save a movie in?

I've been a lurker here for a while in anticipation of my BNE - SIN - CDG flight on Sunday. Haven't flown longhaul for a decade but before that did quite a few trips with SQ between Australia and Europe, mostly on 744s, out of Brussels, London, Amsterdam and Zurich.

Cheers,
    flybynite
    i have seen the USB for 773er and a380. Not sure abt the thumb drive but it defintely can charge your iPhone.

Comment

You can access video and music on Ipod on Krisworld onboard A330 and A345 aircrafts only.

For charging, I suppose you can use the USB ports onboard 77W and a380.

Comment

Originally posted by flybynite View Post

For videos, you need to save it in DIVX version 5 with an AVI extension.

Krisworld plays both Audio (in MP3 format in my experience) and Video as well.

You can definitely charge your USB devices across all classes in the A333, A388 and 77W.

Cheers, Leo

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Why I'd need extra entertainment options over what Krisworld offers is a little strange, but the better half has already seen most of the movies being provided this month ... such is the power of bittorent.

Comment

You can also use the USB slot for a thumb drive where you can save the work you do on the office suite. But I really can't imagine doing any amount of typing on the back of the IFE controller - it's designed for people with considerably less sausage-like fingers than mine!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
              You can also use the USB slot for a thumb drive where you can save the work you do on the office suite. But I really can't imagine doing any amount of typing on the back of the IFE controller - it's designed for people with considerably less sausage-like fingers than mine!

I guess it's for the above the reason that the StarOffice Applications have been removed on the eX2....most of us prefer to work on our own Notebooks anyway

I remember still seeing the PDF Reader, File Manager, Media Player and Photo Viewer though
              Last edited by mec; 3 October 2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mec View Post
                I guess it's for the above the reason that the StarOffice Applications have been removed on the eX2....most of us prefer to work on our own Notebooks anyway

I remember still seeing the PDF Reader, File Manager, Media Player and Photo Viewer though
                Quite apart from data confidentiality issues. No. wait a minute, that could be a new revenue stream?........................;-)
                Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by mec View Post

Ahh, shows how long it's been since I have darkened the doors of an eX2-equipped 9V- aircraft!
                  Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                  Quite apart from data confidentiality issues. No. wait a minute, that could be a new revenue stream?........................;-)
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

The current USB port would allow you to do the following:-

(1) Charge USB devices. (Standard USB voltage with the standard 500mA USB current limit.)
                    (2) Playback most audio MP3 stored on your USB devices. (Apple iPod excluded. For iPod , you need to use another socket /cable available on the A330 and the A345)
                    (3) View your photos on your USB devices.

Video playback is not available via USB.

(Audio)
                    ________
                    marijuana test
                    Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X