No announcement yet.

Cost to change flexi-saver Y itinerary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to change flexi-saver Y itinerary?

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, couldn't find any info through the normal search trawl.

(ducks head and waits for HUGE AL, aka Mr. SQTalk Search Guru to shoot me down in flames with links to about half a dozen threads )

My query is this: If I book a flexi saver return itinerary in Y, the fare conditions state that itinerary changes are allowed, but I'm not sure what charge (if any) there would be to make these changes - I presume there would be an admin charge plus the fare difference if applicable? Does anyone know the magnitude of the admin charge?

Would be most grateful for any assistance

If its dates, no charge
    If its routing, depends where you re-route to.

The admin charge for answering your question is 1 glass of Krug

Comment

Is there a possibility that the price may change if the o/b is changed ?

Comment

If booked into Y, probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          If its dates, no charge
          If its routing, depends where you re-route to.
          The change would be dates only, routing would be fixed.

Originally posted by jhm
          Is there a possibility that the price may change if the o/b is changed ?
          ...this was my worry; fares ex LHR are running at around £680, if I put my stake in the sand now and book, then want to change my outbound date and in the meantime fares have risen, won't I have to pay more?

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
          The admin charge for answering your question is 1 glass of Krug
          Sounds good - as it is apparent that you have been appointed by SQ to collect aforementioned service charge, may I direct you to my appointed agent, a Mr. H. AL, who will be delighted to furnish you with the Krug from his private reserves

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            fares ex LHR are running at around £680, if I put my stake in the sand now and book, then want to change my outbound date and in the meantime fares have risen, won't I have to pay more?
            That's my guess but I note what 9V-JKL says so I could be wrong.

My understanding was/is that the general rule is that any ticket will get repriced if you change the outbound because the price you initially paid depends on, at the time of ticketing, the applicable fare for the date of the outbound. This explains why if you ticket a mistake fare, the fare gets yanked and subsequently, you change the outbound, the price will go back to the non-mistake level. My understanding of a fully flexible Y ticket is not that you don't pay any increase in fare but merely that you don't have any restrictions which apply or charges to pay.

Anyway, as I said, I could be wrong so YMMV.

Comment

Thanks for your help jhm, that's kind of what I was thinking/worried about.

Comment

With LH at least, the position is as I described above:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9353409-post3.html
                http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/8784196-post10.html

I'm not sure about SQ but would not be surprised if it's the same!

Comment

Thanks once again jhm. The following quote from one of your links is perhaps encouraging:

"Most of the time, you won't encounter this set of new rules due to the fact that those fares that allow for free rebooking do not change as frequently, hence there is no difference in fares to be collected."

Perhaps by selecting fully flex Y, the likelihood of the fare increasing is lower (fingers crossed!)

Comment

OK, my response is based on ex-SIN experience.
                    But having said that, if you've ticketed and paid, why do you have to pay more if the fare increases? Unless the T&C says otherwise.

Comment

OK, my response is based on ex-SIN experience.
                      My fuzzy recollection is that my experience ex-LHR is consistent with your response, 9V-JKL (I changed dates, not routing).

Well, minus the Krug surcharge.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

But having said that, if you've ticketed and paid, why do you have to pay more if the fare increases? Unless the T&C says otherwise.
                        In the case of LH (where the T&C do indeed say this), you have to pay more even if you've ticketed and paid if (i) you voluntarily change the outbound date and (ii) on the date of the change, the fare as determined by the new outbound date is higher. AFAIK, this even applies to fully flexible tickets.

Comment

Working...
                        X