Time for a new SAFETY VIDEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new SAFETY VIDEO

Is it just me or is it time for a new SAFETY VIDEO? The old one features male cabin crew in old uniforms, B772/773 interiors .... and odd things like:

1) "Be careful when opening the overhead compartments ... as the items may have moved" showing a huge bag obviously oversized falling out from the OH compartment, held in place by the FA

2) "Switch off your electronic devices now" and the bearded male passengers turns off the computer and ... then puts the laptop on his lap for the takeoff .. whcih is not exactly that safe....

Somehow I can't see an SQ version of "nothing to hide" safety video

Comment

i agree
      the moblile phone in that video is seriously outdated

Comment

Personally, I don't see a real need for it, but it'll be interesting to see what SQ could come up with should they choose to.

Comment

I would volunteer to become an actor - switching off my Blackberry in Suites :-)

Comment

A little bird tells me that the new video has been filmed and is in post-production.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              A little bird tells me that the new video has been filmed and is in post-production.
              Too late for me then :-) But SQ has expressed its secret love to me in another subtle way today

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Somehow I can't see an SQ version of "nothing to hide" safety video
                That was rather creative of Air NZ. I wouldn't mind an SQ version really

Comment

The video does really look old school with the old uniforms (at least when I last saw it).

Also, it'd be nice if they would film the new one in HD so that the video quality would be better when viewed on the newer HD monitors onboard!

Comment

I just hope they change the line:

"Smoking is not allowed on ALL our flights"

It jars with me every time I hear it. Surely it should be:

"Smoking is not allowed on ANY of our flights"

Comment

I hope they keep the background music though! Really liked them.

Comment

Maybe they should take a leaf out of Thomson Airways book

I think their Safety Video is excellent..see link

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...erb-27746.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by taless View Post
                          I hope they keep the background music though! Really liked them.
                          I hope they keep the trademark jingle as well, it would be strange to watch it without hearing it

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post
                            Maybe they should take a leaf out of Thomson Airways book

I think their Safety Video is excellent..see link

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace...erb-27746.aspx
                            although cute, something like that would not fly with Singapore Airlines as it may seem unprofessional.

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, *edited* SteveB - that was really a very innovative safety demo, loved it!
                              Last edited by Kyo; 11 September 2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X