Keeping the SQ inflight mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the SQ inflight mag

What is SQ's attitude towards passengers asking for a copy of the inflight mag? I haven't been aboard SQ in a very long time and I'm wondering if I can take one from my upcoming flight as a souveneir.

Okay, let me say also that I came across this other thread on this forum about this guy asking to take some cutlery, etc. from a flight. Let me say that I do not agree with such practices and have never stolen anything from any flight. I have always asked permission from the FAs.

Aboard TG and PR, they would almost always tell me to just pick up the one from my seatpocket. Hence I just took them home on some of my recent flights. Although I do notice that Caucasians who ask permission are almost always approached by the purser with a new copy. (I happen to be Asian). Aboard UA, the magazine reads on the entertainment page (i.e., crossword puzzle), "...please take this magazine with you if you happen to have used this puzzle page..."

So anyway, aboard SQ, should I just take the one from the seatpocket, or should I approach an FA and ask for a new one?

As far as I'm aware it is fine to take the inflight magazine with you at the end of a flight.

Comment

Yup, as far as I'm aware it's one of the few things that you are free take from the aircraft.

Unlike serviceware, cutlery, safety cards, Spacebed, etc etc

Comment

It's a nice souvenir of your trip, it's also sometimes available in the lounges, although maybe those aren't free, probably..

There's a few of us here who collect every issue and mostly by flying.

Comment

Okay, thanks for all the input!

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          Yup, as far as I'm aware it's one of the few things that you are free take from the aircraft.

I don't really get why people like taking those stuff considering they've been used by hundreds of other people before.

Comment

Of course you can take it. Otherwise why would they have a section "Send us your Pix!" where readers can send a photo of them holding a copy of Silverkris mag from around the globe?

Comment

I have always found the SQ and CX Inflight mags to much better than other airlines . Does anyone know if it is possible to subscribe to them ? I know that QF and UA Inflight mags are available on their websites .

Comment

you can get your monthly SilverKris magazine, tri-monthly KrisShop and Jap version of SilverKris at SIA's service centre at level 4 ION orchard. Just go in, at the reception get a number for the Q if the lady asks what you are here for.

Comment

Thanks yongchau . However I'm not often in SIN . Are there any other possibillities ?

Comment

Actually all SIA ticketing office would have them. I get my copies from the Dubai GSA. So always a good excuse to get a copy when buying ticket from them.
                    there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

unfortunately i'm one of the lazy sort who just tears out what's needed from the mag... then i stick it back with the torn page exposed so it will be replaced.

in this case, a list of songs playing on the AVOD!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        Precisely

Comment

The SilverKris mag and the Krisshop mag are about the only things you can take off from a flight that you didn't take on. If you're keen on souvenirs look in the toilets there're combs too. If unsure just ask SQ crew they are rather accomodating if you ask properly (depends on what though).

Comment

You can take home the Inflight Menu,The Krisworld and Silver Kris Magazine plus the Kris Shop Guide.
                            Another Thing You can also take home from a Plane that is free are those childrens activity packets plus the toys they come with.

Comment

Actually I find them being rather keen on collecting back the menus nowadays. Not all flights, but almost all short-haul premium cabins, I find.

Which makes posting them on SQTalk more and more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X