Excellent IFSes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent IFSes

I have come across a couple of IFSes that really stands out. I think they do make a difference in how well the service is onboard. Some of the better I have come across have really made me felt very well taken care of.

IFS Folks that come to mind includes Adrian, Chong Jin, Paul and Carolyn. I always looked forward seeing them on subsequent flights. I did managed to bumped into Chong Jin and Paul on subsequent flights and it was somewhat liked seeing old friends again and they really welcomed you back as old friends.

I've forgotten his name but the gentleman who served as IFS on 23JUN2009, SQ228 MEL-SIN was thoroughly commendable. And I think his great attitude had an effect on the rest of his team too - the other crew members were just as enthusiastic, casual and relaxed as he was.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 August 2009, 09:35 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

but the malay IFS i came across on SQ671 (A330-300) on 9/8 was like an army encik..he don't smile much....

but the jap chief stewardess, who is featured as the covergirl in the welcome page of the jap version of SilverKris, the one on the left, was v warm n friendly...had lots of initiative..asked me if i wanted to take pics...asked for playing cards and she said she went all the galleys in the plane and found the same design and added in other stuff like postcards without asking! she was v attentive also..she saw that the fork i used to eat the cheese was dirty and i wanted to eat the fruits and she handed me a towel to clean the fork...she walk with grace as if she was wearing a kimono with quick steps...truly impressive...

the IFS tt day was rather cold and unfriendly to the passengers...so was the one on the outbound on SQ672 (A330-300) on 6/8/09..she kept the passengers on the left side of the cabin and did not walk to my side and seldom showed face..most of the time is in the galley...i did not get to talk to her either...

Comment

LionCity,

You could write in to SQ to complement them, I did a few times, and hope this could motivate them more, and in terms of this economic crisis, such testimonials that we pax write are crucial for them.

Comment

On my first flight in SQ which was in F, I was served by the IFS. she made the flight flawless and memorable. She's a new IFS I learnt, Yvone. I wrote in to compliment her and her LSS who served me as well. Hope to see them again.

Comment

On my recent SQ F flight, I experienced flawless and outstanding service from the F crew. I sent feedback to SIA complimenting the specific FAs and received a response from them thanking for my feedback. If you receive exceptional service on a specific flight, I would encourage you to send feedback to SIA as the recognition goes a long way for that FA or crew.

cheers.

Comment

The IFS on SQ863 last May, Vincent B, welcomed me back as I boarded the plane, which somewhat surprised me since I am no longer a QPP. During the flight he mentioned that he recognized me from one of his previous flights. This was very impressive considering the flight (SQ943) was 2 years prior! i remembered he greeted, shook hands, and had a small talk with each of the 30 J pax on that flight.

My other memorable IFSes:

- The gentleman on SQ975 14 Jun 08, who was very engaging and shared details on the new male crew uniform.

- The female IFS on SQ35 inaugural 02 Aug 01. I would meet her again on SQ24 in Jan 02, when she came over and greeted me after spotting me in Y. She even asked about my mom who I flew with on the inaugural. She is truly a gem, I hope she is still flying today.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
                The IFS on SQ863 last May, Vincent B, welcomed me back as I boarded the plane, which somewhat surprised me since I am no longer a QPP. During the flight he mentioned that he recognized me from one of his previous flights. This was very impressive considering the flight (SQ943) was 2 years prior! i remembered he greeted, shook hands, and had a small talk with each of the 30 J pax on that flight.

My other memorable IFSes:

- The gentleman on SQ975 14 Jun 08, who was very engaging and shared details on the new male crew uniform.

- The female IFS on SQ35 inaugural 02 Aug 01. I would meet her again on SQ24 in Jan 02, when she came over and greeted me after spotting me in Y. She even asked about my mom who I flew with on the inaugural. She is truly a gem, I hope she is still flying today.
                A warm welcome to SQTalk SQ 968. Surprised she remembered about your Mum and considered that you are flying in Y too...that is my definition of good service across all classes. Do you remembered her name as some one here may know whether she is still flying?

feb01MEL,

Yes, I did sent in the feedback on their service.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome, LionCity! Alas I could not remember the female IFS name.

Going a bit OT here, I always find it difficult to read SQ crew's name tag, as it is dark and the font size is a bit small. It is especially more difficult with the female crew as I do not want them to think that I am trying to look at something else

Comment

SQ968,

I also have the same problem, but it is OK if you just ask them for their name, they will be willing to tell you their name always.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
                      I would meet her again on SQ24 in Jan 02, when she came over and greeted me after spotting me in Y. She even asked about my mom who I flew with on the inaugural.
                      That is truly stunning service!
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

feb01mel: good idea, next time I see an excellent crew I will ask them for their names and write in to SQ.

KeithMEL: the IFS must have spotted me when she took her seat for take off by door 2L (I was in the forward Y section) and immediately came over after the seat belt sign was switched off. Before landing she also came over again to wish me good luck with my studies.

Most of the SQ crew I met are very good, but some are just unforgettable and can make a routine flight truly memorable.

Comment

While not esecaially about an IFS, I would like to make mention of the excellent service by many of the crew on various flights I have done between MEL and KUL and HGK over recent months. Today was an example of SQ again going beyond the norm in offering a good experience. During the recession, it is as if the crew really appreciate their clients and are working especially hard to make you welcome. Not like the un-smiling automatic service you sometimes got on Friday flights from PEK during the good times (when I was living there for three years).

Today, I flew MI from KUL to SIN, then had a pleasant couple of hours in the T3 F lounge including a trolley coming around offering afternoon tea to the few people in the lounge at 1630 on a Saturday afternoon.

Then I got an upgrade to F at the gate for SQ 2 to HGK. The flight was packed. Everything about the flight was near perfect from the attention of the crew, the food and drinks in F, the IFE and the updates we recieved from the flight deck when there was a delay due to missing passengers.

The IFE on the 300ER today really shows up the delays in re-fitting the 777-200 and 300, esecially the versions still showing films off tape on monitors so bad that they are generally unwatchable.

I know some SQ talkers are often dissappointed with some of the corporate decisions of the airline but if the attention, service and friendliness continues such as today, they will have me as a passenger for a few years yet, especially given the fare sale now on in Australia.

Comment

MEL-World,

Glad you enjoyed your flight SQ 2 today, my friend was onboard in J class today too, and oh boy, the flight was 100% full he told me, plus of course the slight delay you mention, lucky you got a last minute upgrade, good for you, first class was also full I heard.

Comment

Hi febo1mel, F was not quite full but there were 5 of us in the 8 seat cabin. Probably 4 of us upgraded given the loads in F generally at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X