Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Class in 77W and 744 - your views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Thanks very much, benlee!

That is the exact seat I've pre-selected since January... hehe, so I'm really happy there's no protrusion (but I heard about the leg bit being slightly bent?)
    Yes, there is as SMK77 rightly points out. The leg rest is partially blent due to the structure of the front on the left side that protrudes out where the foot rest. So if you lie on the right side of the bed ( depending on your height ), you can stretch the legs fully. However, this is not a problem for me as I usually fold my legs when in my natural sleeping position.

I upload this photo just to show that there is no protrusion where the head rest because some of the previous post says there is.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
      I upload this photo just to show that there is no protrusion where the head rest because some of the previous post says there is.
      There is a protrusion in the head space in Row 1.

You essentially make a choice between restricted feet space in Row 2, or restricted head/shoulder space in Row 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Thanks very much, benlee!

That is the exact seat I've pre-selected since January... hehe, so I'm really happy there's no protrusion (but I heard about the leg bit being slightly bent?)
        So, which route will you be flying on?

Comment

It takes a bit of connecting-the-dots, but it's SIN-LHR to get to the OSL 'Meet'

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=913

Comment

Must be a few hundred thousand miles burned for SIN-LHR-SIN on the new F

Comment

Hehe...You seem "hell-bent" on hating this seat. ( kidding.. ) Anway, what's important for me is that I managed to nap quite well in it. For me, I'll rather have the limited foodrest area than having half my seat occupied by a protrusion. It's not perfect, but that's what SQ offering now and I still prefer this over the claustrophobic feel of the suites.

Anyway, I'm not going to try to change your opinion. But seriously speaking, no aeroplane flat bed no matter how wide or comfy is going to replace a full size hotel bed or my bed at home. There's bound to be compromise one way or another due simply to the space constraint on an aircraft. I think we can all agree on that.
              My hate comes from the fact that SQ is doing this marketing fanfare about the widest seat in the sky (again: 1-2-1 in both F and J: how much more stupid can it get?) and then reducing seat pitch for no reason. Second, I am pretty tall and I don't think that any protrusions are F-like... In J it is okay, in F it is not.

Hotel bed - I don't like the Suites that much either but when it comes to the bed I must say it is very comfortable. Bit on the narrow side but still. I slept like a baby... Love the breakfast-in-bed option where the have a little side table...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                My hate comes from the fact that SQ is doing this marketing fanfare about the widest seat in the sky (again: 1-2-1 in both F and J: how much more stupid can it get?) and then reducing seat pitch for no reason. Second, I am pretty tall and I don't think that any protrusions are F-like... In J it is okay, in F it is not.

Hotel bed - I don't like the Suites that much either but when it comes to the bed I must say it is very comfortable. Bit on the narrow side but still. I slept like a baby... Love the breakfast-in-bed option where the have a little side table...
                Actually, I think even in J, there should be no protrusion esp not in the headrest portion which is the thing that really bothers me. Don't understand why it's there. Certainly, it can be designed without it? Sometimes, I cynically think perhaps the jaring protrusion in J was added to differentiate it from the F product.

The A380 suites of course should make a better bed. But most of the time, I find it very hard to justify spending that kind of money for suites even if technically I can afford it. I'll rather save the difference and spend on a real suite at a hotel instead.

Comment

The A380 suites of course should make a better bed. But most of the time, I find it very hard to justify spending that kind of money for suites even if technically I can afford it. I'll rather save the difference and spend on a real suite at a hotel instead.
                  We didn't discuss the bedding not the pricing. Prices are not out of this world and will be revised shortly :-) The bed is still the best of all SQ products without any doubt.

Comment

Working...
                  X