Aircraft upgrade for SIN-LAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft upgrade for SIN-LAX?

Hey... I tried searching for an existing thread but couldn't find it. Maybe I just don't know how to use the search engine. Apologies.

My question is, does anyone know if SQ has any plans on switching the aircraft to the 380 or 777 for the SIN-LAX route via Tokyo? If so, when?

SQ11/12 SIN-NRT-LAX will switch from JumboJet service to 777-300ER service sometime before the end of the fiscal year (31 March 2010). The route will probably be upgauged to WhaleJet service in 2011 or 2012 depending on how the economy recovers and how the route performs.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        SQ11/12 SIN-NRT-LAX will switch from JumboJet service to 777-300ER service sometime before the end of the fiscal year (31 March 2010). The route will probably be upgauged to WhaleJet service in 2011 or 2012 depending on how the economy recovers and how the route performs.
        Is it confirmed that SQ11/12 will be switched to 77W first?
        I think it is most likely be 77W, but there's slim chance that 388 will be serving this route sometime after this fiscal year.

Comment

It is not confirmed, just theory based on known/expected fleet movements and current loads.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5168
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              It is not confirmed, just theory based on known/expected fleet movements and current loads.
              Exactly. There has not been an official announcement but, given the current loads and yields, it's as clear as if it had been officially announced.

Comment

Exactly. There has not been an official announcement but, given the current loads and yields, it's as clear as if it had been officially announced.
                Well... it is also my understanding that SQ11/12 as well as SQ25/26 will be 77W routes for a while.
                I just wanted to know if I missesd official announcement.

Comment

Upgrade?

Particularly in F, I'm not sure if I agree the 77W is an "Upgrade"!!
                  Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                    Particularly in F, I'm not sure if I agree the 77W is an "Upgrade"!!
                    Maybe, maybe not.
                    It's personal preference thing.
                    And we all know OP meant upguage instead of upgrade.

Comment

Uh, well, with the announcement that the seven reconfigured "773A"s will go on Oz, middle-east, and China routes, there a) ain't no 77Ws for SQ11/12, and 2) ain't no A380s either -- at least not for a while.

A380 maybe after delivery of 9V-SKK? Or maybe 77W after a second tranche of 773As?

Comment

Good point Bitterroot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                          Or maybe 77W after a second tranche of 773As?
                          I don't think there will be a second tranche of 777-300s reconfigured. SQ's 777-300s were delivered in three tranches. 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE were delivered between December 1998 and September 1999, 9V-SYF through 9V-SYH were delivered between September 2001 and October 2002, and 9V-SYI through 9V-SYL were delivered August 2004 through May 2005. I think 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE are probably too old for SQ to reconfigure, hence the announcement that seven would be reconfigured.

Comment

I don't think there will be a second tranche of 777-300s reconfigured. SQ's 777-300s were delivered in three tranches. 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE were delivered between December 1998 and September 1999, 9V-SYF through 9V-SYH were delivered between September 2001 and October 2002, and 9V-SYI through 9V-SYL were delivered August 2004 through May 2005. I think 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE are probably too old for SQ to reconfigure, hence the announcement that seven would be reconfigured.
                            I doubt age was the primary issue regarding the conversion of the other 4 773s since the original internal memo stated 11 773s. It's more likely due to costing and the resources needed to bring the non-AVOD IFE to AVOD standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              I doubt age was the primary issue regarding the conversion of the other 4 773s since the original internal memo stated 11 773s.
                              I agree. My point was that a second tranche of conversions in the future seems unlikely because of aircraft age. If four of 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE were ever to be converted, they would be done with the others, not put off for a few years (at which time they'll be past retirement age).

Comment

Working...
                              X