Baggage Allowance 20kg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baggage Allowance 20kg?

Hi, Has anyone flown this year with Singapore Airlines UK to Brisbane and what did they find they were allowing as luggage allowance.

Last year when we went out to see our son we took 20kgs each but was told that they do not charge up to 25kg, but they do not publicise the fact. We go in August for another visit and have both got 20kg plus.

Just wanted to know if they still have a flexable rule on normal flights.

They always tell me they have +5kg allowance, so yes you should have no problems with 25kg.

I'm a student who have to do London-Christchurch trips really often, I always e-mail uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg for 30kgs of luggage allowance, and they normally allow and say they will put a note on my booking reference. I'm just a SQ*S - so not a PPS or anything like that.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I think there's a special allowance for student luggage if I'm not wrong.

For the OP, I've done LHR-SIN at something between 26-28kg before and not gotten charge (no status although I booked via FF miles of an EG).

Comment

Originally posted by Les Avalook View Post
        Hi, Has anyone flown this year with Singapore Airlines UK to Brisbane and what did they find they were allowing as luggage allowance.

Last year when we went out to see our son we took 20kgs each but was told that they do not charge up to 25kg, but they do not publicise the fact. We go in August for another visit and have both got 20kg plus.

Just wanted to know if they still have a flexable rule on normal flights.
        We both went with 23-24kgs each with no comment, one guy saying he had 28kg and no charge. No problem with hand luggage at Heathrow but Brisbane was checking weight and size of hand luggage for flight home.

12 hours out of 13 from Singapore to London with screaming kids, any company do adult only flights?

Comment

All depends if you get a checkin b* you know like a night club door b* .

In all my travels I have never been charged excess even when I was carrying high 20s kg. Though this year I encountered the dreaded checkin b*. The moment she waved me through, I had a feeling she would slug me.

Manage to sweet talk out of it. AUD$105 for 5kg excess to KUL she wanted to charge.

Comment

+5 is usually the case, although there was this one time a looong time ago that this check-in girl at Changi T2 tried to charge me for going over. I was so livid, I marched straight down to the Post Office downstairs and mailed off my "excess" weight to preempt her making any money off of me!

Fortunately, I have not experienced any such problems again and that particular SATS agent--never saw her again, must've taken early retirement
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by Les Avalook View Post
              12 hours out of 13 from Singapore to London with screaming kids, any company do adult only flights?
              Yikes! I was on a five and a half hour flight back to YVR from YUL and there was this screamer on board and I'm guessing the boy must've been five years old, no longer an infant!

I had to restrain myself from giving his parents parenting advice (they were just handling him in the worst possible way), thought better of it and silently chanted some calming mantras.

I would admit, 12 hours of nonstop screaming might just put me over the edge, calming mantras or not!
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hi,

I usually check-in at least 3 hours earlier if I have an overweight luggage of more than 25kg instead of 2 hours earlier. This always works for me. Especially on full load flights.

I'm not sure what's the rational.

Comment

I can assure you that my sources state that to receive 30 kilos requires special permission, and 25 is okay. 25-30 - I have no idea, but I would assume it depends on the agent, getting harder as the weight approaches 30

Comment

what's the "upper limit" for business class passengers?

was wondering if 70kg would be acceptable if two J passengers checked in together...

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      what's the "upper limit" for business class passengers?

was wondering if 70kg would be acceptable if two J passengers checked in together...
                      Shouldn't be a problem.
                      Usually they are lenient up to 5 kg above the published allowance.
                      For J class it is 30 kg --> 35 kg should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Shouldn't be a problem.
                        Usually they are lenient up to 5 kg above the published allowance.
                        For J class it is 30 kg --> 35 kg should be fine.
                        thanks for that, good to know. never had to plan my packing like that before, but relocating demands that i travel with more kilos than i'd like.

Comment

Bear in mind that StarG is MUCH loved by SQ... not everyone has an entourage...

Comment

Working...
                          X