Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time on New J: SIN-North America, 77W J or 345 J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time on New J: SIN-North America, 77W J or 345 J?

Hello SQTalkers!

I'm planning to book a flight from SIN to North America and will be trying out SQ's new J product.
    I'm keen on either SIN-LAX nonstop on the full J A345s or SIN-SFO (via HKG) on the 77Ws.

In general, I am aware that both the products are great. But for someone who's trying out SQ's new J for the FIRST TIME, which one would you recommend?

Any feedback is appreciated!
    Khop khun khaap.

The products are virtually identical. The choice is whether or not to make a stop, how well the schedules work for you, and whether you're trying to get to SFO or LAX.

Comment

From what I hear, the A345 is the way to go if you'd like a quiet ride. But I would echo zvezda's statement here. It depends on where you're going, and the time on your hands.

Comment

I have only flown on SQ 37/38, the A345 equipment used between SIN and LAX. It's all J and, these days, if you read the forums, has been travelling with relatively light loads and yet with the full compliment of staff.

Whether SIN-LAX or SIN-EWR, these are considered ultra long haul flights; 16, 17, maybe 18hrs in the air; that should be a consideration.

In my limited experience, I thought the choice of this routing was worthwhile (this was my first SQ J experience also); I would say I had the longest, most solid sleep I have had on a long flight and still got to enjoy all the amenities.

I would do this again rather than have to bounce through a stopover hub.

Comment

Thanks

Much appreciated guys!

I have time on my hands and I kinda prefer a non stop route, so I guess I'll be going for the SIN-LAX nonstop on the A345s.

Comment

I'd go via HKG, but that's just me, simply because I quite enjoy my cigarettes

Comment

And I'd go via Seoul to SFO as I get satay as appetizers once on the way up and twice on the way back!

Besides I don't like being esconced in a tube of metal for 18 hours straight. But that's me...

Comment

I'd go non stop - very good flight - you have enough time for everything, from sleeping to working to eating or relaxing... no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by plim View Post
                  I'd go non stop - very good flight - you have enough time for everything, from sleeping to working to eating or relaxing... no brainer.
                  I agree! unless of course you're a smoker like SQflyergirl. 16 hours straight without cigarettes can be quite tormenting (been there, done that )
                  Its good I don't smoke anymore, but dang.. I'm getting confused!
                  Both seem like viable options.

I think food wise, it will be fresher since there's a stopover.

planemad: Satay sounds so good! Won't there be any on the nonstop flight?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGoose View Post
                    planemad: Satay sounds so good! Won't there be any on the nonstop flight?
                    Yes there will be. But only 1 serving

Comment

Originally posted by plim View Post
                      You're missing one vital ingredient in your receipe there plim: LAX and the pain endured by arriving at that airport!

I'd put my money on SFO, either via HKG or ICN but a stopover is crucial IMHO

Besides I find SFO a more relaxing destination as opposed to LAX..

Comment

Working...
                      X