Guessing the A350-900 Seat Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing the A350-900 Seat Plan

I've been looking at how SQ seats and monuments would fit in the A350-900.

At door 1, expect to see the galley and 2 lavs for Business Class. Then between doors 1 and 2 (the A zone), expect to see 7 rows of 1-2-1 long-haul Business Class seats. At door 2, expect to see a galley for the B zone, then 3-3-3 Y seating, then 8 lavs at door 3, then more 3-3-3 Y seating, and a galley at door 4 for the C zone. From door 2 to door 4, the A350-900s are likely to look very much like the 9V-SV* series 777-200ERs.

I would bet on 28J and 250-260Y.

Expect to see 2-2-2 in J. Let's check back when they introduce the first bird.

Comment

If it's a long haul bird, and using new J, you won't see 2-2-2 simply because the seat design won't work with someone not having aisle access.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        Expect to see 2-2-2 in J.
        For the 787-9, yes, but I expect to see 1-2-1 in the A350-900. The new long-haul seats use slightly more cabin floor area, but they are very light weight, very reliable, and popular with passengers.

If SQ were to install the new regional J seats in the A350-900, I don't think they could squeeze in 6 rows. They could fit 5 2/3 rows by locating the J lavs just aft of door 2, but that's not an optimal arrangement. At best, they could fit 34 regional J seats, versus 28 long-haul J seats, and they would be giving up 6 Y seats in the process. I'm confident that SQ could get just as much revenue from 28 long-haul J seats + 6 extra Y seats as from 34 regional J seats. The weight and reliability strongly favor the long-haul seats.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        Let's check back when they introduce the first bird.
        Last edited by zvezda; 9 June 2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Zvezda, of all people I am quite sure you know this probably off the top of your head...when is first flight of the A350 (any variant)? And expected EIS (a realistic date, not Airbus' optimistic forecast)?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
            Zvezda, of all people I am quite sure you know this probably off the top of your head...when is first flight of the A350 (any variant)? And expected EIS (a realistic date, not Airbus' optimistic forecast)?
            EIS of the A350-900 is officially planned for 2013. Industry estimates range from 2013 to 2015. The A350-800 is planned to follow one year later and the A350-1000 the year after that. The flight test programme should be ten to twelve months. The design is more conservative than that of the 787 and the schedule is a lot more conservative, so I'm not expecting any major delays. I expect EIS in 2013 or 2014. I understand SQ have some of the early slots.

Comment

the A350 may not be in revenue service too in 2013 as expected there will be some issues and delays for any new aircraft development.

Comment

Hope its
                2-1-2 for F (hopefully)
                1-2-1 for J (but more seats!)
                2-3-2 for Y

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
                  Hope its
                  2-1-2 for F (hopefully)
                  1-2-1 for J (but more seats!)
                  Oh that's brilliant. Truly. A more spacious J than F. An F seat with no aisle access...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Oh that's brilliant. Truly. A more spacious J than F. An F seat with no aisle access...
                    dont mistaken me.
                    i am jus like telling out my throughts.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
                      dont mistaken me.
                      i am jus like telling out my throughts.
                      It would have been nice if it actually makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                        but its really dissapointing that F isn't install on the new a330s
                        so i hope to see it on a350.

Comment

I think he got it the wrong way around...?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                            'Nuff said.

Comment

'Nuff said.
                              i think for the F
                              i wrote wrongly

its better to be 1-2-1

Comment

Working...
                              X