BMI and SIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI and SIA

Tomorrow I will be flying with Singapore Airlines & BMI from Manchester UK to Bangkok.

My flight takes me, Manchester UK to London Heathrow UK, then Heathrow to Singapore and then Singapore to Bangkok. I fly via London due to choice of date from what I understand.

Anyways, I am wondering when I check in at Manchester with BMI will I be checked in for the whole journey? Or will I have to checkin again at Heathrow?

I prefer to be checked in for the whole journey, but a guess that comes with a downside of BMI being my initial checkin and with them being a low cost carrier in the domestic arena they may be a little touchy with excess baggage.

Originally posted by matt83uk View Post
    Tomorrow I will be flying with Singapore Airlines & BMI from Manchester UK to Bangkok.

My flight takes me, Manchester UK to London Heathrow UK, then Heathrow to Singapore and then Singapore to Bangkok. I fly via London due to choice of date from what I understand.

Anyways, I am wondering when I check in at Manchester with BMI will I be checked in for the whole journey? Or will I have to checkin again at Heathrow?

I prefer to be checked in for the whole journey, but a guess that comes with a downside of BMI being my initial checkin and with them being a low cost carrier in the domestic arena they may be a little touchy with excess baggage.
    They will check your luggage through to Bangkok. No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      They will check your luggage through to Bangkok. No worries.
      Huh? How can you be so sure?

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/flig...-check-in.aspx

Through check-in policy
      If you have booked connecting journeys using separate tickets, we no longer offer the facility of through check-in or through tagging of baggage.

Comment

You did NOT mention at the beginning that your ticket is separate. If it isn;t then BMI will do check your luggage through final destination. Mistake is yours. State clearly at the beginning when you are going to ask question.

Comment

Let's be nice and friendly please It's a legitimate question, so I'm sure the OP can clarify if it is two separate tickets (no dice re: through check-in) or a single ticket (happy ending)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Let's be nice and friendly please
            Indeed.

Welcome to SQTalk, matt83uk !

*Most* of us here are nice and won't bite your head off.
            Well, I won't.
            Last edited by SQJunkie; 26 May 2009, 05:09 PM. Reason: humour too dry
            F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Elite Gold View Post
              You did NOT mention at the beginning that your ticket is separate. If it isn;t then BMI will do check your luggage through final destination. Mistake is yours. State clearly at the beginning when you are going to ask question.
              If you did not realise, the person questioning the response is not the OP.

Even then, that's a rather surefire way to scare someone off this forum for good!

matt83uk, may I apologise on his behalf and welcome to the forum!
              Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Ticket was booked all in one... i.e. checkmytrip.com shows all legs.

The self-service checkin I was directed to at BMI checkin area printed all three boarding passes and luggage was taken at Manchester. I didnt question since i had all boarding passes, sat in T3 servisair lounge at heathrow now so fingers crossed luggage is shooting through the system... Thanks guys.

Comment

one more quick question, do SQ have additional security at the gate? I want to pick up a 750ml bottle of water before I go but not worth it if they recheck for liquids like they do at Kuala Lumpur

Comment

one more quick question, do SQ have additional security at the gate? I want to pick up a 750ml bottle of water before I go but not worth it if they recheck for liquids like they do at Kuala Lumpur
                    Yes, security screening at Singapore Changi airtport is done at the gate (or before a set of gates) so you won't be able to take your 750ml bottle through.

Comment

In SIN, you will have to undergo full security screening before entering the gate hold room prior to boarding.

Comment

I should add that dehydration shouldn't be a concern on a SQ flight - there's plenty of water/etc throughout the flight available to drink. However, if you like having a bottle of water to hand, perhaps you could try taking an empty bottle on board and asking for it to be filled ?

Comment

Is online check-in available if connecting from BD?

Hi

Newbie here after lurking for a long time.

I've not been able to find an answer to the following and this thread appeared to be the nearest to my question.

I have a BD redemption with SQ EDI/LHR/PER with the EDI to LHR on BD. I'm flying in C and already have allocated seats.

I've never flown SQ on a redemption ticket or with a connecting flight and I can't establish from the SQ website if I will or will not be able to use online check-in.

Should I check-in for the SQ flights on the SQ website at <48 hours and then check in at <24 hours for the BD flight on the BD website (BD online check-in only opens at <24hrs)?
                          OR
                          Check-in for all the flights on BD website at <24 hours?
                          OR
                          Is it even possible to use online check-in for my itinerary due to the connecting flights and do I need to wait until I get to EDI and check-in at the desk?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by readystEDIgo View Post
                            Hi

Newbie here after lurking for a long time.

I've not been able to find an answer to the following and this thread appeared to be the nearest to my question.

I have a BD redemption with SQ EDI/LHR/PER with the EDI to LHR on BD. I'm flying in C and already have allocated seats.

I've never flown SQ on a redemption ticket or with a connecting flight and I can't establish from the SQ website if I will or will not be able to use online check-in.

Should I check-in for the SQ flights on the SQ website at <48 hours and then check in at <24 hours for the BD flight on the BD website (BD online check-in only opens at <24hrs)?
                            OR
                            Check-in for all the flights on BD website at <24 hours?
                            OR
                            Is it even possible to use online check-in for my itinerary due to the connecting flights and do I need to wait until I get to EDI and check-in at the desk?

Thanks in advance.
                            I fear the last of the 3 options you highlighted. My memory seems to be failing me, but if i recall correctly, when there's a few different airlines, ye cannae use SQ's OLCI engine. Could be wrong though. It's been a while.

Comment

If SQ is not the first sector of your journey, you will not be able to do online check-in at SQ website. I'm not sure if BD website will allow you to do online check-in for the SQ sectors, most probably is just the BD sector only.

Since you already have the allocated seats, you are pretty safe unless you failed to check-in at the airport by the check-in deadline which is 60mins before departure. SQ will only release the seat when you are no-show.

Comment

Working...
                              X