SIN-HAN-SGN-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-HAN-SGN-SIN

I will be doing a loop Singapore to Hanoi (SQ176) but return via Saigon (VN223, then SQ185) as the timing of my meeting in Hanoi does not allow me to get onto the direct flight home.

Any idea what aircraft type is being used? 200 or the 200ER?

If I upgrade from Y up to J, will my Vietnam Airlines sector be upgraded as well or will it be counted as a separate issue?

TIA

SGN was always served with 2 class 772ER's until they added the third flight when they started using a right mixture on that later flight, including 3 class a/c on occassion. HAN used to be similar but I haven't flown in or out of HAN for a while so not sure if this is the same.

Are you asking if you upgrade your SQ flights will your VN domestic flight be upgraded ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      SGN was always served with 2 class 772ER's until they added the third flight when they started using a right mixture on that later flight, including 3 class a/c on occassion. HAN used to be similar but I haven't flown in or out of HAN for a while so not sure if this is the same.

Are you asking if you upgrade your SQ flights will your VN domestic flight be upgraded ?.
      Return flight to SIN is via SGN (HAN to SGN to SIN) as my meeting ends too late to catch the solitary direct flight home from HAN. The first leg is operated by VN...

Comment

Sorry but upgrading you SQ flights is going to have zero affect to VN flight. Not sure why you thought it would to be honest.

However, the good news is the fare difference between Y and J on VN domestic is tiny, so just pay the extra for a J class flight instead. The even better news is VN223 is operated by a 777, so you'll get to sit in the long haul J class seat. Not worth getting too excited about for a 2 hour flight I know, but for such a small amount extra you might as well enjoy it. Plus you'll get lounge access in HAN

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Sorry but upgrading you SQ flights is going to have zero affect to VN flight. Not sure why you thought it would to be honest.
          I suppose not.

However, the good news is the fare difference between Y and J on VN domestic is tiny, so just pay the extra for a J class flight instead. The even better news is VN223 is operated by a 777, so you'll get to sit in the long haul J class seat. Not worth getting too excited about for a 2 hour flight I know, but for such a small amount extra you might as well enjoy it. Plus you'll get lounge access in HAN
          My tickets are provided by my host and i don't think it is very nice to make them pay more.

I was thinking of upgrading more to have lounge access in SGN as I have a few hours to kill and for some elbow space in the flight to do some work on. Not possible to do so in Y.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post

My tickets are provided by my host and i don't think it is very nice to make them pay more.
            Fair enough, I can understand that. Maybe you could check if you can pay it yourself if they allow it, the difference is usually about US$ 20-30.

I was thinking of upgrading more to have lounge access in SGN as I have a few hours to kill and for some elbow space in the flight to do some work on. Not possible to do so in Y.
            I can see your point, and they are your miles, but unless you have got an awful lot or some about to expire I personally wouldn't bother.

As well as the flight only being 90 minutes, the lounge at SGN is nothing special. It's a pleasant enough place but they have greatly reduced the food and drink offerings since it first opened. Yes it has free wifi, but at the new international terminal at SGN it's free everywhere. There a number of food and drink outlets upstairs that you could use.

You do actually get four choices flying SQ ex-SGN ; the Rose lounge, foot massage at the little spa, voucher for Pirma Taste or voucher for Illy Cafe. The following thread may be of interest:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4410

Comment

Thanks for the information.

We managed to reschedule the meeting and I can now fly back directly to SIN from HAN.

My kind host also booked me on J. I felt quite pai-seh, he says the ticket price is very low now.

I heard the lounge in HAN is hopeless?

Comment

Working...
              X