SQ IAH-DME-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ IAH-DME-SIN

I travelled last week with this route. In both legs, the Y class was only half full, and almost everyone had full row. It's longer route by few more hours, but if I could sleep on the 'flatbed', I don't mind.

Travelling back, from SIN-DME, the flight was 95% full in Y class. I alwasy choose aisle seat in the middle section, and the middle seat was empty. On the remaining leg, from DME-IAH, the flight was half full, and again, almost everyone had full row.

Except, the route from DME-IAH, the flight was delayed for more than 6 hours with no explanation. All passengers were routed to the lounge, the lounge has no phone and only one computer with dial-up connection

I am curious of how long that SQ would keep this route, as IAH-DME-IAH is only half full.

Merely one flight cant judge all , is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ952 View Post
      I travelled last week with this route. In both legs, the Y class was only half full, and almost everyone had full row. It's longer route by few more hours, but if I could sleep on the 'flatbed', I don't mind.

Travelling back, from SIN-DME, the flight was 95% full in Y class. I alwasy choose aisle seat in the middle section, and the middle seat was empty. On the remaining leg, from DME-IAH, the flight was half full, and again, almost everyone had full row.

Except, the route from DME-IAH, the flight was delayed for more than 6 hours with no explanation. All passengers were routed to the lounge, the lounge has no phone and only one computer with dial-up connection

I am curious of how long that SQ would keep this route, as IAH-DME-IAH is only half full.
      I doubt very long. I noted that the recent business class promotion does not include Houston. Is it a sign that SQ is pulling out of the route?

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        I doubt very long. I noted that the recent business class promotion does not include Houston. Is it a sign that SQ is pulling out of the route?
        Or, is it a sign that C load is good on IAH flights? The OP didn't mention C loads.

Comment

The SIN-DME-SIN sectors are always full in Y and I believe the load in C was not bad. Last August DME-IAH was empty. I also got a "flatbed" in Y
          C loads was low. As for IAH-DME, C's load was still low in December, but at that time Y was actually around 70%-80% full.

Comment

I flew the route during Sring Break week, and the load for the DME-SIN sector for both leg were packed to the brim. There were about 5 empty seats in Y. For the DME-IAH sector both leg, the load were only about half or less. I got myself a "flatbed" for both sectors, and really enjoyed it. The funny part was that I didn't even have to look around for an empty row, as for both leg, I was the only one sitting in the row with no one next to me.

Comment

im flying on iAH-Dme-sin on january..im kinda excited..

Comment

hoping to get a "flatbed " on my flights...exciting

Comment

According to a someone I know who does this regularly, f / c is always full. They use this route like a shuttle service.

Comment

I can only imagine the business must be good between DME and IAH cuz SQ is the only airline that serve that route. Lots of oil money flying in between judging from the number of oil companies that are based in both cities.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                      I think on the contrary. Perhaps yield is good enough that discounts are not needed. Consider that it went from 4/week to 5/week to daily in 1 year.

-----------------------------
                      I just realised I answered an almost 2 year-old post...blind fool!
                      Last edited by 9V-JKL; 28 December 2010, 11:38 AM. Reason: blind fool reading a really old post...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ952 View Post

Why u curios bro? SQ can afford it mah. Now winter period..less pax. Why u want them to cancel this flight in total..less u telling us all here u are from SQ?..

Comment

Originally posted by coldastone72 View Post
                          Why u curios bro? SQ can afford it mah. Now winter period..less pax. Why u want them to cancel this flight in total..less u telling us all here u are from SQ?..
                          Should we put this in Babelfish ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Should we put this in Babelfish ?
                            I think Malvin would have a a better chance!

Comment

Working...
                            X