SIN-SYD SQ 231 post June equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-SYD SQ 231 post June equipment

I am booked to travel in early June on SQ231.

A little while ago, I read that this flight was going to be operated by a 77W instead of the current 747, from June onwards.

However, I just checked my booking, and everything seem to indicate a 747 instead of 77W (on SQ.com and checkmytrip)! I have not read about this change/ reversal. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by hsf View Post
    I am booked to travel in early June on SQ231.

A little while ago, I read that this flight was going to be operated by a 77W instead of the current 747, from June onwards.

However, I just checked my booking, and everything seem to indicate a 747 instead of 77W (on SQ.com and checkmytrip)! I have not read about this change/ reversal. Any thoughts?
    I believe the reversal is due to the lack of 77Ws. My flights in July show a 77W. According to GDS, 77W will replace 744 on 25JUN09.

Comment

I thought the switch to the 380 for the CDG route is meant to free up the 77W?

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
        I thought the switch to the 380 for the CDG route is meant to free up the 77W?
        Think that one will be put back to MEL as the 77W to MEL (SQ217/218) is being taken off to service LHR from end of March

Comment

Would this mean that SQ220 (SYD-SIN, only flight ex-SYD on a 744) might change to a 77W, too?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
            Would this mean that SQ220 (SYD-SIN, only flight ex-SYD on a 744) might change to a 77W, too?
            It's 50-50 from what I hear. If SQ decides to keep 3 daily flights, the switch will most likely be A380, but as some speculate, if SQ decides to make it 4 daily flights, then the switch would be a 77W, and the 4th flight would also be a 77W (maybe 772ER or A333 if they're short on 77W at the time of the switch).

The demand is greater for SQ219/220 because that flight connects with Lufthansa, Air India, and Virgin, and other SQ flights as well, so capacity is usually high for this particular sector. If it stays high, I suspect that it will be A380.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
              It's 50-50 from what I hear. If SQ decides to keep 3 daily flights, the switch will most likely be A380, but as some speculate, if SQ decides to make it 4 daily flights, then the switch would be a 77W, and the 4th flight would also be a 77W (maybe 772ER or A333 if they're short on 77W at the time of the switch).
              When you say 'from what I hear', from where exactly have you heard that SQ are thinking of sending 772ER's or A333's to SYD ?. That would be news to them, as those aircraft do not have F.

The demand is greater for SQ219/220 because that flight connects with Lufthansa, Air India, and Virgin, and other SQ flights as well, so capacity is usually high for this particular sector. If it stays high, I suspect that it will be A380.

Virgin do not even fly to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                When you say 'from what I hear', from where exactly have you heard that SQ are thinking of sending 772ER's or A333's to SYD ?. That would be news to them, as those aircraft do not have F.
                About the "from what I hear," it's just from frequent SQ travellers I know. Where they get it from, I'm not sure. It may be speculation. So I cannot confirm the accuracy on that.

Virgin do not even fly to SIN.
                About the Virgin, VS codes shares on SQ317. In Sept of 2008, the SQ219 also had a VS flight number as well, so 219 connects VS pax from SQ317 to SYD if that is their final destination. I'm not sure if the arrangement is still the same.

Comment

About the "from what I hear," it's just from frequent SQ travellers I know. Where they get it from, I'm not sure. It may be speculation. So I cannot confirm the accuracy on that.
                  I thought it was something you'd dreamt up yourself. So it's just gossip you've picked up from other people?. That explains why it's wide of the mark.

About the Virgin, VS codes shares on SQ317. In Sept of 2008, the SQ219 also had a VS flight number as well, so 219 connects VS pax from SQ317 to SYD if that is their final destination. I'm not sure if the arrangement is still the same.
                  Everybody knows VS codeshare with SQ. Your post was misleading as it did not mention codeshares, it indicated VS fly to SIN, which they clearly do not.

Comment

I thought it was something you'd dreamt up yourself. So it's just gossip you've picked up from other people?. That explains why it's wide of the mark.
                    These frequent SQ travellers who told me, heard it from various SQ inflight staff (including a pilot) who were speculating it. The staff even said it is a maybe not a guarantee. I did not get the names of these SQ staff, but they were in one of the Auckland flights. They even said that it is only if SQ goes with 4 flights to SYD and if they don't have an additional 77Ws. If they have enough 77Ws, or if they are keeping 3 daily flights, then it is a non-issue. And if it stays with 3 flights, 219/220 getting 388 is likely.

Everybody knows VS codeshare with SQ. Your post was misleading as it did not mention codeshares, it indicated VS fly to SIN, which they clearly do not.
                    Sorry for not including the VS codeshare info on the post.

Comment

These frequent SQ travellers who told me, heard it from various SQ inflight staff (including a pilot) who were speculating it. The staff even said it is a maybe not a guarantee.
                      Really ?.

Comment

Really ?.
                        Yeah, I'm just the third party hearing it (I didn't fly on the Auckland flight to hear that directly about the a/c type). About the possible switch to 4 flights, that was mentioned in this forum on various threads, and also mentioned by the SQ sales rep in Canada. What I can confirm is when I personally spoke to SQ staff in September last year, SQ 219/220 will most likely be a 388 in the future. But the same staff also said the same thing about SQ11/12, and now that looks highly unlikely.

Comment

Yeah, I'm just the third party hearing it (I didn't fly on the Auckland flight to hear that directly about the a/c type)..........and now that looks highly unlikely.
                          Sounds like a perfect explanation.

Comment

Working...
                          X