Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Refunds - timescale?

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has any experience regarding SQ's timescales for refunds - just trying to make some budget calculations to decide how much I should put into my tax-free savings! (UK's tax year coming up soon!)

So,

17/3/2009 - Received e-mail, saying refund request received
    18/3/2009 - Received e-mail, saying refund request processed (and it says instructions to the bank within 7 working days)

The India call centre previously told me it will take between 4-6 weeks to get my refund.

So, what is your experience here?

Thanks for any advice!

4-6 weeks is the industry standard.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

So does it mean I'll only get it within 4-6 weeks?

What about the e-mail that SQ sent, saying instructions will be sent to my bank within 7 days?

What usually occurs in the real world?

Comment

Around 2 weeks for refund back to my CC.

Comment

I found refunds of tickets purchased on SQ.com much faster than offline - around 2 weeks for online vs. more than 3 months at times for offline.

Comment

about 2 months for the 1 time i had a fare refund. small sample, so your experience may very well be different.

Comment

I'm currently running at 10 months and still going....

-A

Comment

Originally posted by TooMuchSQ? View Post
                I'm currently running at 10 months and still going....

-A
                I'll correct myself. I'm exactly at the the 1 year anniversairy for being left stranded with an invalid ticket by SQ and told to go fix my own onward connection.

Net result: SQwanting to refund unused coupons, as for my cost in sorting myself back home, nada. I've known SQ to be sticklers for referring to higher authority but this has left me tired of fare hikes, I've asked SQ to take a hike and consider myself done with preferring them.

-A

Comment

Working...
                X