Getting an F seat on the 77W into a sleeping position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an F seat on the 77W into a sleeping position

Okay, this isn't about choosing the best seat so it might be a little off-topic but there isn't an existing topic I could find on this. Its also too trivial to be a standalone thread lest we have lots of new threads each day on questions that can be answered matter-of-factly

Building up to the excitment on my first paid F trip in May this year on the 77W I was wondering about getting the seat into the sleeping position.

Is it true its very complicated to get it into that position and the FA's help would be required?

Its just not my style to engage the FA (perhaps ironic that I want to travel in F, I know)- I'd rather put it into a sleeping position myself if I require it. If it is perhaps someone could explain if there's a way I could do it myself?

Thank you

There are no questions that are too trivial, usually just questions that are in the wrong forum or that have been insufficiently researched -- neither of these applies to yours.

I've moved the post from the 'Seatmap' sticky to its own thread.

jjpb3
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Suggest you go to J class and watch the seat conversion video. F converts the same way.

Comment

changing the seat into bed mode is actually quite easy- just ask your FA to do it for you! it is one of the perks of flying F and you shouldn't feel sheepish at all. if you must do it yourself... it takes no longer than 20 seconds. 1) simply pull the handle located just behind your headrest (it is on the corner) until it releases. 2) pull the seat down. 3) when the seat is down, you will see a folded flap at the bottom- unfold that for your feet. 4) arrange your pillows and duvet and 5) enjoy!

Comment

Taipeiflyer: ahh okay, I can visualise doing that. haha.. thank you.

jjpb3: Noted with thanks.

Comment

Without looking 'stupid' hanging around J class (hoping to catch the instructional video-which may be screened at different times), you may want to actually access it on your own seat.

The video in eX2 is available in all classes > Entertainment/TV/Travel

If you really cannot wait till then, try searching for it on youtube

But I would go with taipeiflyer; let the FA do the job for you in F. The video doesn't show where the duvets and extra pillows are kept in F class

Comment

Ah, good to know they have the video in all classes on KrisWorld.
              We wouldn't want anyone to look stupid do we?

They don't have the F version of the video though, or do they?

Comment

Originally posted by mec View Post
                Without looking 'stupid' hanging around J class (hoping to catch the instructional video-which may be screened at different times), you may want to actually access it on your own seat.

The video in eX2 is available in all classes > Entertainment/TV/Travel

If you really cannot wait till then, try searching for it on youtube

But I would go with taipeiflyer; let the FA do the job for you in F. The video doesn't show where the duvets and extra pillows are kept in F class
                I think I get the idea on how to do it after Taipeiflyer explained but thanks for the info, I'll refer to it if I get lost but I doubt that would happen. Cant be that complicated haha

Not sure if its my need for a sense of achievement or that I've been flying on American carriers that makes me want to do it myself

Comment

In F, the FAs will offer to make down your berth well before you decide you want to do it yourself.

Comment

I just read on FT that the seat pitch is different in F and row 2 enjoys two inches more than row 1. Can anyone confirm this? I have been in 1A, 2A and 2K and cannot recall any difference...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      I just read on FT that the seat pitch is different in F and row 2 enjoys two inches more than row 1. Can anyone confirm this? I have been in 1A, 2A and 2K and cannot recall any difference...
                      Oh, I'd be interested to know if this is true also. Anyone have any idea?

Comment

Not sure if there are different pitch between the two rows.
                        What I know is that the row 1 seat back is slightly curved with flat 'wall' in front of your feet, whereas on row 2 the seat back is flat, with curved 'wall' in front of your feet.
                        I personally prefer row 2.
                        Last edited by StarG; 24 March 2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I found the trip report that has all the pictures and is commenting on both 1A and 2A:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...i-t3-pics.html

1A has the full width for the foot rest but in sleeping mode the back has the curve which makes it feel uncomfortable as far as shoulder space is concerned.

2A has the curve for the the foot rest which makes lounging uncomfortable but the back is flat in sleeping mode which gives more shoulder space.

SQ should increase the seat pitch and get rid of the "curve"...

2A or 2K is the best seat for solo travellers in F on the 77W...

Comment

Working...
                          X