Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skysuites or suites for me?

Hi, need advice of frequent SQ flyers.

I'm planning to do SIN-NRT but I have to choose between flights on the 744 or 380 on redemption(due to the timing). Should I redeem on the 744 since it will be retired soon or should i take the suites since 'it's a class beyond the first'?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
    Hi, need advice of frequent SQ flyers.

I'm planning to do SIN-NRT but I have to choose between flights on the 744 or 380 on redemption(due to the timing). Should I redeem on the 744 since it will be retired soon or should i take the suites since 'it's a class beyond the first'?

Thanks in advance
    Hi. SQ does not allow redemption for the suites in A380s. Suggest you also check the redemption availability for 744s. These redemption tickets go like hot cakes.

Comment

...... Should I redeem on the 744 since it will be retired soon or should i take the suites since 'it's a class beyond the first'? ....
      Easy answer - Skysuite on the 744. You cannot redeem for Suite class on A380.

No redemption is available for the Singapore Airlines Suites.
      http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...?v=1989029058&

Comment

They soon will (with the recessions and all!)

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

thanks all! Looks like it's 744 for me In case I don't get a seat, what other aircraft's First class is good? My timing is more flexible now...

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

thanks all! Looks like it's 744 for me In case I don't get a seat, what other aircraft's First class is good? My timing is more flexible now...
                There are no other aircrafts apart from 744/380 for you to take (if you insist on taking SIA and first class).

Other options would be travelling via other cities such as Seoul. If you insist on taking first class, travelling via ICN will result in SIA 773 (SQ602) + OZ 777 (OZ102) or UA 777 (UA882).

Comment

Thanks So much for you guy's help! Got my ticket on the 744! This is one way, my next stop is LHR then back to KUL via SIN(My first time on SQ, and I am over-excited)
                  If you want me to do A trip report, do tell me.
                  Last edited by flyKL; 28 February 2009, 04:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Puts hand up!

Yeah, of course we want to hear all about it! All the good and... 'gooder' points

Comment

744 for sure. Take it and fly it with you can!!! it be gone soon!

Comment

TR it is... But only flying in SQtalk this April And, any seat recommendations?

My flight details
                        SIN-NRT SQ12 B744
                        NRT-LHR JL403 B773ER
                        LHR-SIN SQ319 B773ER
                        SIN-KUL SQ5328 A320

Comment

1B on the B744. I just did LAX-SIN and return... wonderful flight and service!

Comment

i think the consensus here is that 4F is the best seat in F if you want to have a good overview of the cabin ... but of course, 1B is the most private seat available on the 744.
                            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Yes, I certainly preferred 1B far more than any in the 4th row on the 744. Different pax, different likes/dislikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X