Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma: A380 or B777-300ER from LHR to SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma: A380 or B777-300ER from LHR to SIN?

As you all probably know, SQ is yanking out the B747s from SQ319 route & replacing them with the A777-300ER from End-March.

As I have the option to travel on Economy either on the A380 or A777-300ER, I would like to find out if I will be getting a raw deal if I choose the A777.

Would the economy class seats in A777 be similar to those tired looking ones as those on the B747s? (no offense to B747 fans here)

Hope to get some insight!

1. It's B777 not A777

2. B777 beats B747 in Y any day of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      1. It's B777 not A777

2. B777 beats B747 in Y any day of the week!
      Oops! Thanks for the correction!

Any AVOD issues for the B777.... and how does economy compare with that of the A380?

Thanks again!

Comment

The seat is essentially exactly the same in the B777-300ER as in the A380
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

The Y seats on the WhaleJet should be able to same as those on the 777-300ER. Same for food, IFE, service, etc. The biggest difference will be ambient noise. I would choose based on schedule convenience.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          It's B777 not A777
          ps: Actually, it's 777, not A777 or B777. Boeing 777. Airbus A330.
          Last edited by zvezda; 18 February 2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            Actually, it's 777, not A777 or B777. Boeing 777. Airbus A330.
            Well, none of us said Boeing B777
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              Actually, it's 777, not A777 or B777. Boeing 777. Airbus A330.
              Get a life guys!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
                Get a life guys!
                Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Queen View Post
                  Any AVOD issues for the B777.... and how does economy compare with that of the A380?
                  Having done both, and also the A380 upstairs and downstairs, I can say that while the seats are essentially the same, the A380 *feels* more spacious and generally more comfortable than the 77W (high ceilings downstairs; exclusive upstairs). It is also Much Much quieter, and is reportedly pressurised to a marginally more comfortable level (although I can't tell the difference)

On the other hand, a couple of crews I've chatted to say that the rear downstairs section of the A380 can feel a bit choppy - several reports of pax puking up

tbh, you wouldn't go wrong with either, but given the choice, I would definitely avoid Y on a 744 or un-refitted/non-AVOD 773

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Again, can we ask that the posts try to stay on topic. I have moved the post about changing a booking to a new thread as it has nothing to do with the refurbishment of 777's.
                  Whoops, sorry, feel free to move...

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post

Whoops, sorry, feel free to move...
                    Done, to a new thread of it's own, again.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Done, to a new thread of it's own, again.
                      Thanks MAN! Apologies for veering off topic!

Comment

The Y on the UD of the 388 can get rather choppy during turbulence. On one of my flights, it was so choppy when the aircraft was on finals that this guy ran to one of the lavs after touchdown before the 388 cleared the runway.

If you want to sleep, fly the 388. The GE90-115Bs are noisy!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          The Y on the UD of the 388 can get rather choppy during turbulence. On one of my flights, it was so choppy when the aircraft was on finals that this guy ran to one of the lavs after touchdown before the 388 cleared the runway.

If you want to sleep, fly the 388. The GE90-115Bs are noisy!
                          Wow... that's sure a useful tip... I think me might stick to the 388 but may have to make do with the most jerky section of the plane as that is where all the Y "couple" seats are located..

Comment

HEard that there is a promo now by taking the non 380 flight. For a return trip its only £489.50 in Y. So take up this promo!
                            Its ex LHR only.

Comment

Bring ear plugs!

On 77W because the engines are noisy.

On A380 because it can be too quiet you can hear snoring and flushing toilets.

That's what Emirates pilots have been complaining about in the crew rest areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X