Are Seat 56JK good in 777-300ER for HKG-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Seat 56JK good in 777-300ER for HKG-SIN

I have booked my trip to Singapore in Y next week and I would be taking SQ859(777-200) and SQ862(777-300ER).

I would like to ask about the seat 56JK in 777-300ER:
    1. Are these seats the normal one with movable armrest or like those bulkhead seats with fixed armrest?
    2. Can these seats recline?
    3. Are the toilet behind annoying alot?
    4. Are the seat narrower? (or closer to the cabin wall) Is there a missing window over there, we have to share the window with row 55?
    5. Are the screens and the tables be a bit located to our right since our seats are not exactly after 55JK
    I have search around the forum and find one photo of the rear of 77W but cannot get the answer, hope someone can help

In addition, for the SQ859, which seats would be better for us? I have chosen 38HK at the moment (Hope there will be nobody sit in 38J), are these good seats?

Furthermore, for the meal, are the seafood meal always come with grilled fish only?

Thank you for your help~!!
    Last edited by sutrakhk; 6 February 2009, 02:55 AM.

I wouldn't recommend the seats you chose to be honest. To answer your questions:

1. They're the normal seat variant.
    2. Recline is appalling
    3. From my experience, you wouldn't want to have a lavatory right behind you
    4. Its a normal seat, and windows are standard.
    5. Again, from my experience, the seats at the rear of the 777 normally have misaligned tables. Not too good that.

As for flight SQ859, I see no problem in seats 38HK. Legroom and recline is normal and you're not too far nor too close to the lavatory. You wouldn't get a good view though.

Cheers mate.

Comment

Flying SIN-HKG, I would suggest sitting as far forward as possible to reduce the immigration waiting time. But if you hold a HKG passport; which I think you do looking at your location; the situation might be different.

Comment

when sitting in EY always try and get seats in the 1st section of the EY cabin from row 32 to 46 or so - as its better to avoid bulkhead seats as usually its just behind the galley or toilets - and also the more central part of the aircraft is better than in the last few rows where minor movements or turbulence is more felt.

Comment

Thank you for all your reply
          I think I have to change the seats because of your opinion, but looking at the seat chart, all the aisle seats have been taken up already , there fore we can't take 3 seats with 2 of us

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Flying SIN-HKG, I would suggest sitting as far forward as possible to reduce the immigration waiting time. But if you hold a HKG passport; which I think you do looking at your location; the situation might be different.
          You are talking about HKG's immigration or SIN's immigration?

Thanks all
          Last edited by sutrakhk; 6 February 2009, 02:41 AM.

Comment

I have change the seats in Singaporeair.com, and something stange happened.

When I was in 56JK, all aisle seats were taken:

Then I choose 38JK:

And I go back and check again, many aisle seats opened!
            Then I choose 50 HK :

Check again, all aisle seats gone again! :

I found it when I comfirm the seats in 1st Y cabin, all available seats(1st and 2nd Y cabins) were shown, but when I confirm the seats in 2nd Y cabin, all aisle seats were blocked (both cabins), so strange...

Comment

Working...
            X