Multi-City Bookings On-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    tried using the multi-city function to make a tpe-hkg-sfo booking (TG tpe-hkg, SQ hkg-sfo)... the website showed the flights i wanted, but wouldn't price it out, saying i had to contact reservations. called the ICC, and they said they can't make the booking because the first international flight is not on SQ metal. called TG, and they said they can't make reservations on any other flights except TG metal... trying to get out there for the inaugural to BNE and meet up with SQ LPP again and other SQTalkers... HELP!!!
    Looks like you're gonna have to jump to NH!
    HUGE AL

Comment

tried using the multi-city function to make a tpe-hkg-sfo booking (TG tpe-hkg, SQ hkg-sfo)...
      trying to get out there for the inaugural to BNE and meet up with SQ LPP again and other SQTalkers... HELP!!!
      TPE-HKG-SFO-xxx-SIN-BNE? Wow... nice routing.
      Well, we all hope you can join the party flight on SQ255 SIN-BNE.

BTW, does SQ have ticketing office in TPE? Or even in SFO or LAX? You can go to the office to get the booking made right?

Comment

Although I doubt I will be able to go away on a trip this coming May/June, a boy could dream eh.

Based on the advice of my brother, he strongly urged me that next time when I fly out to Singapore to fly through SFO; the only way I would not fly through SFO would be if I really want to go through IAH instead, JFK is replaced by a 77W, or if the Canadian Dollar further weakens against the USD and thus leaving me only with YVR to fly through.

The first destination I would like to go to would be BNE, then afterwards to BKK, and then a quick stay in SIN of course...oddly enough when I book just a round trip from SFO to BNE it works perfectly fine, even with SQ1 and SQ15...however if I go and do a Multi-City booking...i can get the SIN-BNE morning connecting flight manually if booking SQ15 and then SQ245, however if i want to fly SQ1 and then SQ235 I cannot get that one

The only reason why I would consider SQ1 with SQ235 is because this is the first time ever I've become *G and as I am flying in Y, i would like to maximize my opportunities for lounge access.

My only option really is to use singaporeair.com to book my flights as I would would very much like to select my seats beforehand prior to OLCI (and of course monitoring if any better seats open up later down the line)

But yes a very frustrating system indeed!

Alrightie, off to school I go...heheh -26c outside right now (windchill -39c)...bwhahaha, I wonder how long it will take for my car to warm up
        Last edited by hofo_mofo; 14 January 2009, 09:28 PM.
        I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

I managed to get a fare quote for an open jaw ticket. the price is higher than buying two one-ways! Whats the benefit of keeping things in one itinerary and paying about $800 more?

Comment

The sad fact is, CX's online booking engine (as clunky as a website can be) now offers better options for transit pax like me.

That's quite a surprise for me, considering I'd always considered CX to have the inferior booking engine. The SQ online restrictions are enough for me to consider other options.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              I gave up using SQ multi-city function years ago.
              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Also when I was able to do multi city KUL/XSIN/yyy/SIN/KUL, the SIN-KUL portion only lists SQ code share flights with MI. No SQ metal at all. What's going on?
                Have the same problem too. Seems to be selective. On occasions I checked it shows as SQ and at times it shows MI

I ended up going to a travel agent n the fare quoted cost about AUD$35 more than the online fare.

Comment

The multi-city / stopover booking system is a disaster!

The fact that it doesn't let you choose a specific fare type doesn't make any sense, especially when only a certain class of travel is eligible for upgrades via KF points.

Via the typical booking system, we're able to choose the different fare types (e.g. "Flexi Saver", "Flexi", etc). This is not possible when using the multi-city option.

Speaking to reservation was a possibility in solving the problem. But if I booked via this method, then I would not be able to do the preferred seating option - which is another stumbling block.

When trying to ask them about the fare type/basis, and the fact that it's not possible to choose from the multi-city/stopover menu, the only response that I got was: "... that means the fare basis you are after isn't available", period. Obviously, as we all know, that is not true.

Anyway, just my 2c worth... am really sick of speaking to those robots at reservations about anything that can result in constructiveness!

Comment

Sorry to bring back an older thread but this came to mind again today as a friend spoke of the lack of functionality of the multi-city system that made him turn to a different airline for his booking.

Seriously, I cannot understand why SQ cant invest more in revamping this system and their website as a whole. Makes me think they have a really inapt IT department and management that doesn't see the importance of a good website in this day and age!

SQ is usually pitched as the best in the industry but its website is visually unattractive and not very functional when it comes to multi-city bookings which is definitely among the primary roles of an airline website. People dont only go from point A to B and back to A.

Looking at how SQ markets itself I would have expected a blissful, serene visual feast of a Flash animation when I log into the site and a well designed menu that's both functional and pretty. Of course the flight booking system should be well designed as well. This is a big inconsistency in SQ's PR if you ask me.

If I weren't an SQ fanatic, I'd have been turned off by the poorly designed website as well.

I wrote in to SQ with my feedback after my previous booking last year with my suggestions but didnt get any response. Makes me wonder how many people are turned away by the website alone.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                      Sorry to bring back an older thread but this came to mind again today as a friend spoke of the lack of functionality of the multi-city system that made him turn to a different airline for his booking.

Seriously, I cannot understand why SQ cant invest more in revamping this system and their website as a whole. Makes me think they have a really inapt IT department and management that doesn't see the importance of a good website in this day and age!

SQ is usually pitched as the best in the industry but its website is visually unattractive and not very functional when it comes to multi-city bookings which is definitely among the primary roles of an airline website. People dont only go from point A to B and back to A.

Looking at how SQ markets itself I would have expected a blissful, serene visual feast of a Flash animation when I log into the site and a well designed menu that's both functional and pretty. Of course the flight booking system should be well designed as well. This is a big inconsistency in SQ's PR if you ask me.

If I weren't an SQ fanatic, I'd have been turned off by the poorly designed website as well.

I wrote in to SQ with my feedback after my previous booking last year with my suggestions but didnt get any response. Makes me wonder how many people are turned away by the website alone.
                      while i agree that the SQ multi-city booking engine is definitely frustrating, i do think that the rest of the website is actually very good- in fact, light years ahead of what every other airline has in my opinion. most are such a clusterf&*^ that it reminds me of where's waldo, trying to locate the link i need. SQ's website, on the other hand, is better laid out and more organized.

Comment

while i agree that the SQ multi-city booking engine is definitely frustrating, i do think that the rest of the website is actually very good
                        I agree. It's a very easy website to use for what I ever need it for, except for the multi-city bookings, which I gave up on.

Comment

while i agree that the SQ multi-city booking engine is definitely frustrating, i do think that the rest of the website is actually very good- in fact, light years ahead of what every other airline has in my opinion. most are such a clusterf&*^ that it reminds me of where's waldo, trying to locate the link i need. SQ's website, on the other hand, is better laid out and more organized.
                          Multicity bookings are too important a component of the website though, at least for me as my travel routes are usually quite complicated (all for leisure, not work).

Beyond that yes, SQ's website is definitely functional and straight-forward but it really doesn't convey the "romance of travel" aspect of their marketing!

I guess I expect a lot of them but I really think they can make it a lot prettier. Perhaps a nice Flash intro and a nicer more integrated design- the top menu for example looks cheap to me, and stands out from the Book A Flight and Member Log-In menus when you first enter the site. I would have expected a flashy Java-powered website with chic menu options that load off nice graphic icons. Its getting common with corporate websites these days

Of course there could be a low-res, quick loading option for users on the go for which I think the current interface would suffice!

Comment

Working...
                          X